B7200 Water pump Replacement

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
Hi Gang,
Haven't been here in awhile but need some advice now. My 1986 B7200HST with a D950 engine blow the water pump a couple of days ago. Got it into my garage and have picked up an after market water pump bought through my Kubota dealer.
My question is, Do you have to remove the rad in order to get the water pump off? If the rad comes off, does the hydraulic fluid cooler that sits in front of the rad have to be removed also and disconnected from the hydraulic lines? This sounds messy!
I have removed the 4 nuts and 1 bolt that hold the water pump in place and the 4 fan shroud bolts so the fan and water pump can to lifted up, but I can't seem to get enough room between the fan and the rad to clear the studs and pull the water pump out and up. Any suggestions and or advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
I don't know about your model, but when I did my water pump it was really easy to pull the radiator. Two benefits, much more access to work and good time to really hose out and slosh the radiator. I would pull it and leave the hydraulic stuff alone if possible.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
I replaced my water pump about 5 years ago and yes I took the rad out. My tractor is the same age as yours and probably had around 1000 hours on it at the time. My pump was not leaking but was very sloppy in the bearing. I noticed the fan flopping around so I decided it was time to change the pump. Mystery why it was not leaking. I took this as an opportunity to flush the rad and replace all the hoses. The oil cooler did not have to come out. I replaced it with an oem pump which was around $125.
As well as removing the rad I also removed all the sheet metal from the front and sides as required to make the job easier. The whole job did take some time.