b7200 r4's

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
I currently have turfs on my b7200 and want r4's. Do I have to change the rim? Where can I get a good set of r4's for a reasonable price?

I'm not getting the power to the ground in the muck and almost got stuck the other day. Was actually sliding sideways at one point it was so slick.

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
From what I read here on OTT, R4 are not good mud tires either.

May fit on the R3 wheels.

I’d try chains on your R3 tires first.

fatjay

Equipment
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
I want to avoid chains as I park in the shop with concrete floors, I'd like to avoid scratching them up. I have a b8200 with turf's in the rear and r4's in the front and feel it really makes a difference when I engage the front wheels. The b8200 is also much larger with more weight, so that may be a factor as well.

GrassLakeRon

Equipment
B8200HST-DP , RC60-82h Mower Deck, Woods RB6 Rear Blade
Oct 27, 2023
Grass Lake, Michigan
I have a b8200. Could you take a shot of yours . I was thinking about a tire switch as well. Thanks. Also, does the r4's rip up the grass/ground when you use 4 wheel drive?

fatjay

Equipment
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
Doesn't tear up the grass at all. But I generally have 4wd disengaged unless i'm pulling on a hill. Spinning 4wd will tear it up more than turf tires.

Kubota_Guy

Equipment
B2650 FEL SSQA, B7100D FEL
Jan 10, 2024
Indianapolis, IN
I currently have turfs on my b7200 and want r4's. Do I have to change the rim? Where can I get a good set of r4's for a reasonable price?

I'm not getting the power to the ground in the muck and almost got stuck the other day. Was actually sliding sideways at one point it was so slick.
I put R4's on my B7100 and all in all they do well on the slopes, much and such. I love how much more they weigh than AGs (more ballast in just rubber). I think I was $600 in a set of rims for the front and re-used the rears and Carlisle tires).

They do not get as much traction as AG's, but I think if you don't want to change tires all the time and want a good "all around tire" R4's seem to do very well.

fatjay

Equipment
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
Well I went out to the shop and one of the rear tires was nearly flat. The dry rot seems to have developed a slow leak. The front tires were replaced already with a nubby firestone of sorts, but the rears are strait turf and in bad shape.

For the most part I don't need traction, I'm on mostly flat ground, loading or spreading gravel, but I am digging in mud against the dirt pile and it's muddy and i just can't get any traction to dig into the side of the hill.

I looked around and the prices were on the high side. I'm debating just getting it tubed.

Kubota_Guy

Equipment
B2650 FEL SSQA, B7100D FEL
Jan 10, 2024
Indianapolis, IN
Well I went out to the shop and one of the rear tires was nearly flat. The dry rot seems to have developed a slow leak. The front tires were replaced already with a nubby firestone of sorts, but the rears are strait turf and in bad shape.

For the most part I don't need traction, I'm on mostly flat ground, loading or spreading gravel, but I am digging in mud against the dirt pile and it's muddy and i just can't get any traction to dig into the side of the hill.

I looked around and the prices were on the high side. I'm debating just getting it tubed.
If you have dry-rot and moving gravel, I could see something letting go without warning (tube or not) - R4's are viable for older machines such as ours and will likely hold up for the life of the rig..... "my 2 cents" - stay safe!