B7100D clutch replacement

chknscratch

Apr 26, 2014
Leeds, AL
Last question for this project, I hope!

When trying to adjust the clutch, the 2-4 mm of play in the pedal seems to be impossible to achieve. I feel like I am able to study this very clearly and this is what I observe. If any forward motion is placed on the pedal, with or without a spring in place, the clutch fork assembly rotates and therefor my throwout/release bearing moves forward. When slowly pressing the peddle, with no spring force involved, I do feel like there is a point where the release bearing holder and bearing take a slight bit more force to continue the motion forward. Is this the point I am trying to identify, to set my 8mm of gap between stop bolt and frame? I feel the adjustment was totally out of wack from when I first received the tractor, so I don't feel like I have a good point of reference to understand how it should have been set up. My thinking was, feel for the point where a slight bit more force is needed to continue engaging release bearing, make that my 8 mm gap from frame with bolt, then adjust rod length, so that there is additional 2-4 mm of "play". It just seems this will mean the release bearing is always partially engaged and not resting against rear of bell housing, which seems correct.

chknscratch

Apr 26, 2014
Leeds, AL
Ok, I think I have thought through my own question posted above and have come to a better understanding. The tractor is still split, therefore my release bearing isn't engaging fingers on the pressure plate. The manual reads clutch pedal free play, which is describing the gap between the pressure plate fingers and the throwout bearing in its rested position. From there I will adjust the clutch per the manual.