B7100 Restore thread

drewscruis

Equipment
B7100D with FEL and tiller
Sep 9, 2011
Eden, NY. usa
Hi,

Ok so since I've seen a few treads started on restorations I figured i'd throw my hat in the ring, here are some pic's of my 1979 B7100D tractor that I am restoring. Story I got from the PO was that he picked it up in FL and brought it back to NY, decided it was to much work for him and he posted it for sale on craigslist. the machine runs good but was leaking oil from the rear main, the PTO and some of the lift cylinders on the FEL. Things I have found since were siezed brake cams (that sucked to get apart to overhaul) the brake drum was siezed on the splines (that sucked too) and some leaky oil seals. mind you the all started out as "fix it and run it" and has morphed into an overhaul/restoration. I'm sure i'll find more wrong the further I get into the machine, like when I split it to RR the rear main. Plan to replace the clutch pressure plate and throwout bearing while i'm in there. I have repaired the PTO and some of the lift cylinders, and started taking apart repairing prepping and painting everything I take off. doing this a bit different than tear it all apart prep everything and put it all back together. Doing it piece by piece so I don't get overwhelmed with parts everywhere, machine only has about 850hrs (had to break open the hr meter all the numbers were faded) came with the FEL and a tiller (tiller will get restored next year going to service it and run it this year) I will just keep adding pic's to my album on photobucket as I go.

Here is a link to the album, someone just let me know if the link works or i'll have to post pic's on here individually.

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d174/drewscruis/Kubota/

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
"Please excuse the mess" that's hilarious. :) If I can see my work bench surface that's because I just cleaned it 10 minutes ago. If there's enough room for a car in the barn it's because I just spent 20 minutes shoveling things into great looming piles.

"...started out as "fix it and run it" and has morphed into an overhaul/restoration." Gosh that sounds familiar.... :)

Looks like you're taking good care of her, keep up the good work!

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Isn't that the way a garage it "suppose" to look?? anyone notice the outer scut in there too. Oh, nice set of tool boxes, and pepsi machine too.

I see what you mean about the hood. I've been looking for a hood for mine, also a b7100D, for some 2 years because of a half-dollar size hole by the batt and a small dent or two. Anything better has been hard to come by. Those hoods I did find were usually beat to pieces or rusty far worst and to top it off, $200!! I'm beginning to think mine is above avg.

Make sure to check the bearings in that front PTO. Those parts are hard, hard, hard to come by so lube them if equipped with zerks. I sure wish I had a FEL for mine! i have a Kubota front 6-way blade i'm working on to put back in service. Its a wreck thanks to the PO, a small town nearby.

Keep up the good work, looks like you can handle it. Dont forget to keep those pics coming. BTW, did I say "Welcome to our little bit of orange?"

drewscruis

Equipment
B7100D with FEL and tiller
Sep 9, 2011
Eden, NY. usa
I don't believe mine is equipped with a front pto, there is a jackshaft connected by a chain coupler that runs the hydraulic pump but that's it. so far there isn't to much destroyed that I can't fix, you prob can't see it but I have a whole machine shop buried in there, have an old craftsman/atlas lathe, an old index vertical mill, and a lee ko surface grinder. as for the hood it might be time to do some surgery with the cutoff wheel and the welder, was going to have it sand blasted but I dunno how much I'd get back, prob just a bag of dust lol. So I guess I'll just give up on looking for a hood and fix what I have, may not look original with all the seams smoothed out but it's better than gaping holes.

Reactions: 1 user