B6000 Throttle stiff

jfinn

Mar 20, 2012
Missouri
Great site been reading for a few weeks trying to revive my new acquisition

I just inherited a B6000E with Woods Finish mower barely used (250 hours) that has not run in 10 years, changed the oil, went through entire fuel and air system, about ready to start up and go to adjust throttle and it will not move. I disconnected the linkage and tried to operate by hand, no luck. Sprayed Break Free after removing nuts and let sit for a day, no luck. I can barley move it by lightly tapping with hammer. I cannot figure out how to remove the control lever to see what the problem is.

Any thought on how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Joe

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Please specify which control lever, hand throttle or lever on injector pump?

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
So as I understand it, you have disconnected the rod from the hand throttle to the pump lever and the lever wont rotate, right?

faircompetition1

Equipment
B 6000
May 5, 2013
Canada
Did you sort it out? I have the same problem , throttle is stiff to the point the rod will bend when cold. After she warms up the throttle is OK. I am wondering if there is some shellacking of the parts and if I should run through some injector cleaner. Tractor starts and runs fine.

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
It's probably the oring that seals the control lever shaft. Mine was a bit stiff and that was my problem. The oring had gotten hard and was binding.