B6000 governor problem

napakettu

Equipment
B6000
Aug 6, 2012
Finland
www.nordicminifarm.com
Hi,

I've owned my B6000 for a bit over year now and I have fixed many things on it, but there is one main issue I can't seem to fix: it has a tendency to rev up all by itself. In the beginning, it was really bad and it would start revving higher and higher after just a few seconds of taking load off the engine (that's why I got it at an affordable price). The only way to get the revs down was to engage the hydraulic pump until it calmed down.
I proceded to change all hoses and filters and reconditioned all copper gaskets that are involved in the injection pump assembly, and it has improved somewhat. The thinking was that it might have been sucking in air somewhere. I can now sometimes get it to idle nicely for quite a long time, but eventually it still revs up. Some days it's better than others. That is, the problem isn't quite fixed.

One pattern I noticed is that it behaves much better when it is standing with the nose pointing uphill, and it tends to rev up more when the nose is pointing downhill, even slightly.

Me thinks it's a problem with the governor. I checked that everything in the governor moves freely, all the steel balls etc. and it seems OK. I'm guessing that the governor spring is knackered. I tried to order a new one but was told that that part number does not exist anymore. It is part number 15231-56414, number 25 on the attached diagram.

The reason I think it may be the governor spring is that, nose uphill puts gravity to the aid of the spring, whereas nose downhill makes the spring work against gravity. Or is this not relevant and the balls in the governor should push the sleeve and the fork lever back by themselves without the help of the spring?

Now three questions:
1. Does my analysis of the situation sound plausible?
2. Any other suggestions what may cause the revving?
3. Does anyone know if there is a governor spring from a different engine, or with a different part number that is identical to the one in the B6000 / ZL600 engine? That would help me order a new spring.

Hope some of you guys with more experience can give me some pointers.
Cheers,
Napakettu

Attachments

Last edited: