B3350 Regen AUTO switch

njxc500

Equipment
B3350
Nov 15, 2020
Hastings, MN
I recently bought a B3350.....In my 15 hours, I have done 2 parked regens. However, I think I'm doing something wrong.

When I bought the machine I was told to push the auto button every time I start it. But here's what happened today:

I was out doing some work, and the regen light came on, no beeper, just came on by itself. I pushed the auto button, because I hadn't when I started it, then that caused the regen"p" light to come on and added a beeper. Didn't make sense. I was about done, so I stopped and just did a parked regen.

However, the constant regen light leads me to believe the tractor was going to regen on it's own while I worked? Neither of the buttons lighted up while the regen light was on"solid".

It looks to me like my auto regen button may actually be an inhibit button?

Anyone with the same experience?

Thanks.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I have absolutely no experience but I do suggest a careful reading of your operators' manual. The dealer does not necessarily understand the operation and quirks of each model he sells.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I recently bought a B3350.....In my 15 hours, I have done 2 parked regens. However, I think I'm doing something wrong.

When I bought the machine I was told to push the auto button every time I start it. But here's what happened today:

I was out doing some work, and the regen light came on, no beeper, just came on by itself. I pushed the auto button, because I hadn't when I started it, then that caused the regen"p" light to come on and added a beeper. Didn't make sense. I was about done, so I stopped and just did a parked regen.

However, the constant regen light leads me to believe the tractor was going to regen on it's own while I worked? Neither of the buttons lighted up while the regen light was on"solid".

It looks to me like my auto regen button may actually be an inhibit button?

Anyone with the same experience?

Thanks.
The functionality of the regen system on the B3350 depends upon the year of manufacture and current update level. As a result, it is very likely that the information in your owner's manual is incorrect.

If your tractor is still within the five year emissions warranty you should insist that it be updated to current level. Still, the information in the owner's manual will likely not be entirely correct as I do not believe that Kubota has corrected the manual or intends to do so.

Edit: Just reread your original post. Is this a new or used B3350?

SDT

njxc500

Equipment
B3350
Nov 15, 2020
Hastings, MN
This is a USED 2013 machine......but here is my theory.

1. The machine has an auto regen button
2. In the early models, you had to activate auto regen
3. In the newer models, that button inhibits regen
4. My tractor was flashed with the newer software, so the button labeled auto is actually inhibit.

As I've watched other videos, my tractor acted very similarly.

However, the labeling in the cab tells you what do to, and it told me to push the button. However, a regen didn't happen, in fact it appeared the opposite happened. I wish I had just left the button off, but I'll have to wait for the next regen.

Thx.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
This is a USED 2013 machine......but here is my theory.

1. The machine has an auto regen button
2. In the early models, you had to activate auto regen
3. In the newer models, that button inhibits regen
4. My tractor was flashed with the newer software, so the button labeled auto is actually inhibit.

As I've watched other videos, my tractor acted very similarly.

However, the labeling in the cab tells you what do to, and it told me to push the button. However, a regen didn't happen, in fact it appeared the opposite happened. I wish I had just left the button off, but I'll have to wait for the next regen.

Thx.
That's why I asked, and I suspect that you are correct.

Dealer should have installed new decals when the firmware was changed but few (any?) do.

SDT