B3300 w/ LA504 loader

Billy C

May 25, 2011
Canton, TX
I have the all too common loader valve bucket will only curl in one direction problem. 260 hrs on a light duty 5 acre property. Brush hogging the field and lifting heavy stuff well under the bucket rating on occasion. I found a great link that covers the problem -orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20014&page=3 but that link is 2 yrs old and I thought I would open a new thread in hopes that some enterprising individual has come up with a less expensive alternative fix. Repairing the old valve seems like a pointless exercise in futility because it will just break again in less than 300 hrs. I do not want to pay Kubota $1200+ for the new upgraded valve. I was looking at aftermarket valves by Prince. They are def not a bolt on solution but at $200 - $300 for a new valve maybe it is worth some machining and welding? New fixes, anybody?

Billy C

May 25, 2011
Canton, TX
You have a link to anyone who has btdt with an aftermarket valve body? I am a decent wrench but this one is outside my comfort zone. These are hard metal lines feeding up under the seat so fitment is kind of restricted.

Dave B.

Equipment
B3300
Nov 28, 2021
Bremerton, WA
This just happened to our B3300SU - after tearing a hydraulic hose on FEL. Replaced the hose and lost the bucket curl - all other FEL functions worked well - cracked the oil lines leading to the bucket - no oil on the bucket return cylinder. Press in on the joystick to curl bucket back - audible sound of the pressure relief valve kicking in on the HST pump. Next replaced the hydraulic hose fitting attached to hard lines leaving the spool valve (the barbed fitting that the quick-connect hoses attach to when removing the loader arms)..turns out that when the hydraulic hose was originally torn - it shocked the pressurized side of the hydraulic lines...blew out an o-ring at the spool valve & also damaged the fixed barbed fitting...this was hard to troubleshoot as the spring-loaded center valve was still working. Removed the barbed fitting and looked inside with a bright flashlight the 3 spring-loaded arms that hold the fitting into the inner flange had blown out on all 3 contact points - when attaching the new hose to this barbed fitting - it was still pressurized, press in on the center valve after releasing pressure using the joystick functions - must have turned the 3 spring-loaded arms about 1/4 turn - so that they were once again seated on their inner flange - with 3 obvious blow outs in the flange...the broken flange pieces were jammed into the tip of the barbed fitting - which is why there was restricted (almost none) oil flow. The new barbed fitting only cost $8 at the hose shop - FEL curl function started working immediately without bleeding any additional air from the hydraulic system.