B3300 filter question

kkcomp

Equipment
B3300SU with BH77 Backhoe, 5 ft rotary cutter, box blade and 504 loader with 60
Nov 1, 2012
Jacksonville, Fl
I recently bought a B3300SU after my Kioti was stolen. I went to do the 50 hour maintenance yesterday and ran into a problem. I went to my dealer and told them I wanted all of the filters and fluids.

Changing the engine oil was easy Rotella 20-40 and filter all done. Fuel was a snap. Now the problem, for the transmission/ hydraulics they only gave me one filter but when I looked at the system there is a filter on both sides of the tranni. The one on the left side they gave me but they did not give me the one for the right (it looks to be about an inch longer than the one on the left.

I called the dealer and spoke to service and they had no clue what I was talking about. Does anyone know what the other filter is and a part number for it? is it the same filter and I just need two of them? I don't want to do half of the job.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I recently bought a B3300SU after my Kioti was stolen. I went to do the 50 hour maintenance yesterday and ran into a problem. I went to my dealer and told them I wanted all of the filters and fluids.

Changing the engine oil was easy Rotella 20-40 and filter all done. Fuel was a snap. Now the problem, for the transmission/ hydraulics they only gave me one filter but when I looked at the system there is a filter on both sides of the tranni. The one on the left side they gave me but they did not give me the one for the right (it looks to be about an inch longer than the one on the left.

I called the dealer and spoke to service and they had no clue what I was talking about. Does anyone know what the other filter is and a part number for it? is it the same filter and I just need two of them? I don't want to do half of the job.
One is hydraulic and the other is for the hydrostatic. Different filters and it should be there in black and white in their book.:confused:

kkcomp

Equipment
Nov 1, 2012
Jacksonville, Fl
Thanks for the reply. That's what I suspected. Do you know which is which so I can be sure to get the right one and not just another of the one I have?

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Thanks for the reply. That's what I suspected. Do you know which is which so I can be sure to get the right one and not just another of the one I have?
It will have a different #. Go to kubota.com click on the parts tab and then plug in the info for your machine and it will list all the filters with the kubota #.

kkcomp

Equipment
Nov 1, 2012
Jacksonville, Fl
And we have to ask, the circumstances of the stolen tractor??? Maybe help one or more of us to prevent the same thing.
Long story but I am not sure much more could have been done to prevent the theft.

I have a 4 acre lot I am converting to an orchard. One day while clearing trees and brush a guy stopped and asked if I did tractor work and I said no. He persisted and said it's just down the street. I said no I have no way to transport the tractor. He asked if the trailer would carry it and I said yes but I have no truck to pull it with (Well now I have atruck but not then). The guy drove past a few times that day and I could not find anyone with a truck who was free to come tow the trailer to my house. So I paulled the trailer sideways in the road, wrapped a 3/8 inch stainless steel mesh cable around the trailer, the tractor and a large tree and locked it up. Then I left the air out of the trailer tires and took the battery out of the tractor and stayed there till well after dark. Before I left I locked the gate and for extra measure put a chain across the entrance. The next morning I got back out there at 6:00am and the gate was busted down, the trailer and the tractor were gone.

ibunker

Equipment
B3300SU w/BK76, Box blade, DR wood chipper
Dec 5, 2010
Port Orchard, WA
Left side is transmission oil filter, very little will come out when you remove, the part number is HH660-36060. I could not get the filter out without removing the linkage above it, a 12mm wrench required. The right side is for the hydraulic system and when removed, seems all the oil will come out so have a large pail handy or drain system first, the part number is HH670-37710. Hope this helps.

bosshogg

Equipment
2004 L3400F w/ FEL
Aug 16, 2012
Hartford, SD, USA
Long story but I am not sure much more could have been done to prevent the theft.

I have a 4 acre lot I am converting to an orchard. One day while clearing trees and brush a guy stopped and asked if I did tractor work and I said no. He persisted and said it's just down the street. I said no I have no way to transport the tractor. He asked if the trailer would carry it and I said yes but I have no truck to pull it with (Well now I have atruck but not then). The guy drove past a few times that day and I could not find anyone with a truck who was free to come tow the trailer to my house. So I paulled the trailer sideways in the road, wrapped a 3/8 inch stainless steel mesh cable around the trailer, the tractor and a large tree and locked it up. Then I left the air out of the trailer tires and took the battery out of the tractor and stayed there till well after dark. Before I left I locked the gate and for extra measure put a chain across the entrance. The next morning I got back out there at 6:00am and the gate was busted down, the trailer and the tractor were gone.
That is crazy after everything you did and someone still stole it. That has to be the most equipped, motivated thief I have ever heard of. I hope someday he catches a bullet....hate thieves.