B3200HSD - Good choice?

cold1313

Dec 15, 2012
Northern, Ohio, USA
Hello,

I'm waiting to close on some new property and I'm looking at a new B3200HSD. I'll throw on a bucket, finishing belly mower and a pull behind rotary mower to start out. I'm thinking of putting R4's on the tractor. The dealer thinks that turf tires are good enough, but I have a pretty steep hill to mow, and the last think I want is to slide down that hill!

Anything to look out for on these tractors? I've got a quote, I want to say it's around $23k out the door for everything with tax.

I didn't have much luck finding anything used, and I figure with new, I know the maintenance history right off the bat.

Just wish I knew what the financing deals will be for 2013.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
Welcome!
If you are just mowing, turf tires are fine. But if you are going to do much work with the loader and bucket the R4 tires will hold up better and offer better puncture resistance and better traction. There has been a lot of discussion in the tire section.
I haven't priced anything since I bought mine and I can't help with that part of your question. If you are going to be moving snow you might want to add a rear angle blade or box scraper. And after you wrestle rear mount equipment a couple times you'll want to add a quick hitch

cold1313

Dec 15, 2012
Northern, Ohio, USA
most of the work will be mowing, but I have a fairly steep hill to mow, I'd guess 45* or so, and I'm afraid of it slipping and sliding around. I also will have a pond to mow around (the banks) and I'm a little nervous about sliding into that as well, I think the R4's would be better suited because of that?

I'll probably get a rear blade as well, but I figured I could push most of the snow with the bucket.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I looked at one several years ago and didn't like the quarter inching valve 3PH and didn't like the layout of the operators station. Lots of people like them though, so it may be just right for you.