B3030 No Start - Electrical Question

KubotaMaine

Equipment
B3030 Woods BH, Woods 72" Mower, Woods Rotary Cutter
Oct 26, 2011
Southern, ME
My trusty B3030 was running fine. I shut it down for about 15 minutes and now it won't start. I turn the key, glow plug indicator works fine but when I turn to start, nothing not even a click. The battery is fine and battery connections are good. I suspect one of the safety interlock switches is not working but I don't have an electrical diagram, only the useless ownners manual (thanks for nothing Kubota :( ). I have ordered the service and parts manual but I won't get them for a few days.

There is a small black wire with white stripe connected to the starter solenoid that I assume is what energizes the starter. If that is correct my question is to energize the starter is that connected to +12V or ground (-12V)? (My idea is a temporary bypass start button so that I can get this running until I get my manual.)

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
tried moving the shift lever lever a few times then back to neutral?
stuck safety switch is my guess

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
Take a 12 volt +ve wire to one side of a suitable switch and a wire from the other side of the switch to the connection on the solenoid and when you flick the switch it should turn over. make sure nothing is engagaged or in gear because the safety interlocks will be bypassed. If it fails to turn over then the soleoid or starter motor are US.
dave

KubotaMaine

Equipment
B3030 Woods BH, Woods 72" Mower, Woods Rotary Cutter
Oct 26, 2011
Southern, ME
I tried the +12V to the terminal via a push button switch and it started right up. I suspect one of the interlock switches or the key switch itself. I'm not sure physically where the interlock switches are located. now that I am running I can wait a few days for my manuals to show up and fix it right. Thanks all for your help!