B2710 clutch or HST problem?

Lblevins

Equipment
Kubota L2200, John Deere 1050, Kubota L3301 with woods bh80x
Sep 1, 2017
Ada, ok, USA
Ok bought a b2710 and guy said it was having issues with drive. he said it would only work in low etc. so I changed filters and fluid and adjusted clutch some and got it moving in all motions fine well I went to move some dirt and the tractor spun tires at first then caught grip and then it was like clutch was slipping and almost wouldnt move I turned it off and let it sit and pushed the clutch pedal in and out a few times then started it back up and it moved but felt like something was slipping and has a howl noise coming from clutch area but still drove in low med and high gear for and reverse fine. So clutch out or is it possible its the HST?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Ok bought a b2710 and guy said it was having issues with drive. he said it would only work in low etc. so I changed filters and fluid and adjusted clutch some and got it moving in all motions fine well I went to move some dirt and the tractor spun tires at first then caught grip and then it was like clutch was slipping and almost wouldnt move I turned it off and let it sit and pushed the clutch pedal in and out a few times then started it back up and it moved but felt like something was slipping and has a howl noise coming from clutch area but still drove in low med and high gear for and reverse fine. So clutch out or is it possible its the HST?
Engage the rear PTO and note that it is turning. Then drive the tractor and get it into the condition of not moving/ slipping. Quickly look and see if the PTO is still turning. If it is the problem is in the HST, if the PTO stops when the tractor stops the problem is the clutch or possibly the flexible coupling on the clutch shaft right in front of the transmission!

finazzoty

Equipment
Kubota B2710HST
Aug 13, 2020
Atlanta, Ga
Engage the rear PTO and note that it is turning. Then drive the tractor and get it into the condition of not moving/ slipping. Quickly look and see if the PTO is still turning. If it is the problem is in the HST, if the PTO stops when the tractor stops the problem is the clutch or possibly the flexible coupling on the clutch shaft right in front of the transmission!
Hi eserv - I've also got this EXACT same issue with my B2710HST. The tractor will barely creep forward in low (it is extremely strained, makes a "howling" noise, and gives a nasty vibration feedback through the HST forward and reverse pedals). Medium and High range are out of the question - tractor won't move at all. The loader still works in all ranges, however.

I ran your test, and the PTO kept spinning. -- Long story short, I came to the conclusion that the charge pump was the issue. -- So I bought a hydraulic pressure test kit and ran a test on the charge pump....nothing. Dead nothing, exactly 0 PSI. I also tested the pressure at the loader control lever junction box (where all of the hydraulic lines for the loader run into), and got around 2200 PSI. From all of the reading I've done, this appear to be about 2000 PSI too low.

At first, I thought I may need to rebuild the charge pump, but I've also read that the charge pump may not be getting power if the clutch is toast. Any thoughts on this?

Side note, the tractor only has 350 hours on it.

Let me know if anyone has input here.

wcross

Equipment
2003 b2710 kubota front loader and backhoe attachment
Oct 9, 2022
Massachusetts
Hi eserv - I've also got this EXACT same issue with my B2710HST. The tractor will barely creep forward in low (it is extremely strained, makes a "howling" noise, and gives a nasty vibration feedback through the HST forward and reverse pedals). Medium and High range are out of the question - tractor won't move at all. The loader still works in all ranges, however.

I ran your test, and the PTO kept spinning. -- Long story short, I came to the conclusion that the charge pump was the issue. -- So I bought a hydraulic pressure test kit and ran a test on the charge pump....nothing. Dead nothing, exactly 0 PSI. I also tested the pressure at the loader control lever junction box (where all of the hydraulic lines for the loader run into), and got around 2200 PSI. From all of the reading I've done, this appear to be about 2000 PSI too low.

At first, I thought I may need to rebuild the charge pump, but I've also read that the charge pump may not be getting power if the clutch is toast. Any thoughts on this?

Side note, the tractor only has 350 hours on it.

Let me know if anyone has input here.
Did you ever get an answer to this, I have similar issues