B2620 hydraulic piping question?

Michael Reed

Equipment
B2620-backhoe-5’ tiller- 5’ box blade
Jul 25, 2021
Connecticut
I just added a 3rd function valve for the claw I have on my bucket (works awesome) also added a 2 port hydraulic spool valve for a top and tilt link for 3 point hitch and also have a backhoe. All works fine. Question is, on the new spool valve I noticed a N port, should this be piped to the tank? I have seen videos with they adding a tee to tie into tank line?What is the N port used for? Should I be using this port? Thank You. Michael

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I just added a 3rd function valve for the claw I have on my bucket (works awesome) also added a 2 port hydraulic spool valve for a top and tilt link for 3 point hitch and also have a backhoe. All works fine. Question is, on the new spool valve I noticed a N port, should this be piped to the tank? I have seen videos with they adding a tee to tie into tank line?What is the N port used for? Should I be using this port? Thank You. Michael
I am guessing you have one of the P40 valves and N is power beyond. If it still has the steel plug in it your valve is not configured for power beyond operation and it should be. You need to remove the plug in the N port and install a power beyond conversion sleeve. Then the N port will be the pressure supply for the Next down stream valve and the T port goes straight to the tank. Both must be connected for the valve to work properly.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

Michael Reed

Equipment
B2620-backhoe-5’ tiller- 5’ box blade
Jul 25, 2021
Connecticut
I am guessing you have one of the P40 valves and N is power beyond. If it still has the steel plug in it your valve is not configured for power beyond operation and it should be. You need to remove the plug in the N port and install a power beyond conversion sleeve. Then the N port will be the pressure supply for the Next down stream valve and the T port goes straight to the tank. Both must be connected for the valve to work properly.

Dan

Dan
Thanks Dan