B2601 Tiller ?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
You are correct the tun-buckle is all the way screwed I. That was my last and final attempt to try and adjust it. I should have screwed it all the way out before I Took the picture. In or out didn’t make much of a difference
To me it looks like it is meant to be used offset…if that is the case, and you still had it…I would think you want to level it out (turnbuckles) and then shift it (looks like adjustable link arms on the tractor) so you have the correct offset to cover your tract. (Without the manual I am hesitant to make any suggestion about that). With the BH sub frame you may not be able to shift/adjust the link arms very much, but it’s hard to tell from the pics(I wonder the BH sub frame would be in the way?).

Colb56

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Mar 5, 2024
PA
To me it looks like it is meant to be used offset…if that is the case, and you still had it…I would think you want to level it out (turnbuckles) and then shift it (looks like adjustable link arms on the tractor) so you have the correct offset to cover your tract. (Without the manual I am hesitant to make any suggestion about that). With the BH sub frame you may not be able to shift/adjust the link arms very much, but it’s hard to tell from the pics(I wonder the BH sub frame would be in the way?).
I was able t adjust without to much effort. With the BH frame I still had abut 1/4-1/2” play before it hit the frame

Colb56

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Mar 5, 2024
PA
I was really concerned about the top link and PTO being that far off center. I figured that the universal joint (not sure that is correct terminology) at the end of the PTO shaft could give a little but was scared to try and use if for fear ir would hurt the shaft coming out of the tractor.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Looking at the first picture and @GreensvilleJay posted picture I noticed that the tiller design is meant to be offset. Notice the offset in the top link mounting location and the placement of the pipe braces on the lower connecting points. One is inside and one is outside. I think they could be arranged to center the implement more or offset to the left or the right. That may also be why one pin is inside and the other is outside.

I would have used it with the offset as shown. The universal joints are capable of being offset by several degrees and that could be verified.

I think you could have adjusted the lower arms by adjusting the turnbuckles on the chains.

I think the top link being canted to one side is just the way it was designed to work with the offset and would always be “crooked” to the pto shaft.

Definitely a strange design for some reason.

Colb56

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Mar 5, 2024
PA
Looking at the first picture and @GreensvilleJay posted picture I noticed that the tiller design is meant to be offset. Notice the offset in the top link mounting location and the placement of the pipe braces on the lower connecting points. One is inside and one is outside. I think they could be arranged to center the implement more or offset to the left or the right. That may also be why one pin is inside and the other is outside.

I would have used it with the offset as shown. The universal joints are capable of being offset by several degrees and that could be verified.

I think you could have adjusted the lower arms by adjusting the turnbuckles on the chains.

I think the top link being canted to one side is just the way it was designed to work with the offset and would always be “crooked” to the pto shaft.

Definitely a strange design for some reason.
Thank you and all for your thoughts. Being new and my first tractor I was very hesitant to use it for fear of hurting the tractor. Money is hard rough to come by without doing something stupid.

I talked it over with my wife and we both agreed better to be safe then sorry. My plans going forward is to rent a rear tine tiller for this year. The ground is already plowed so using the tiller shouldn’t be to bad. Next year I think I’m leaning toward a disc/harrow.

Again, thanks to all !

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
That’s a good plan but just be sure that the pto shaft on the rental tiller is not too long (or too short either). Read up about the damage that can cause and you’ll want to make sure of that.