B2410 4wd front axle seals

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Hey all!
I just noticed a drip of oil under the right side front axle on my tractor. It is coming from the lower side of the axle pivot joint.

How hard is it to tear down, reseal, and reassemble the affected side? I have a WSM but is there something else I may need to know before tearing into the rebuild? Thanks in advance! Butch

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Vic..... you are too cool! Yes sir... and I too have been there and done it (or in this case did not do it and had to redo it). B:eek:utch

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Butch, I had a leaking front seal on my L35. This has been about 5 years ago. I bought the parts to fix the leak. On this one, it needs a press to put it back together. I use a vice and expanding clamp I bought to weld with. I finally got it back together and it still leaked, but not as bad. I figured out that I got one of the seals in upside down. As much cussing that is did, I let it go till I couldn't stand it any longer. I made a deal with my dealer. I took off the front spindle and carried it to them and had them fix it correctly. The charged me around $100 and it hasn't leaked since. So my advice to you is to make sure you get the seals in right-side-up. Good Luck!

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Thanks Pat... I do have a pretty well equiped shop to work in so as long as I assemble it correctly. The last time I got seals reversed was in a brake cylinder:eek:. Needless to say.... one test of the brake system and Pop wanted to kick my but:mad::mad:... literally. By the way... it was on a 22 ton drill rig. Very high dollar!