B2320HSD Transmission Noise?

kenb2320

Equipment
B2320, FEL, 48" Rotary Cutter, 1941 Farmall A, sickle bar mower, disc harrow
Apr 20, 2012
Simsbury, CT
Hi All,
I have a new B2320HSD with about 8 hrs on it. I'm new to HSD transmission and while running my 48" rotary cutter I heard a strange rattle (almost like marbles rattling) from under my seat when the tractor started to labor. I was using Med range and running the engine at 2200rpm. I realize the rpm's are lower than pto speed but my dealer recommended that during the breakin period. I removed the FEL stands and the drawbar thinking those might have been rattling but that didn't make a difference. Has anyone experienced such a noise? I'll have to play around with it somemore but was just curious if anyone knew. ... Could it a pressure relief valve or air in the system? I believe I heard it in reverse also and once doing FEL work but then shifted to Low range and didn't hear it again. I'm still trying to get use to the fact that the speed pedal is not a throttle pedal :). I tend to push on it to try to get more power but it don't work that way.

Thanks,
Ken

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
My HST tranny just started making a loud metallic high pitch wine. Or atleast it sounds like a tranny noise. Still has plenty of power no noticeable loss of performance. Anybody have any ideas as to what it is? The tractor has a gracious 1320 hours on it. Butch