B21 backhoe loader rear end issue

Ryeguy

Equipment
B21
Nov 24, 2009
port hope, ontario, canada
Hey guys so i noticed today that there was no hydraulic trans oil on the dip stick!!! could it be such a simple issue as extremely low on oil and won't switch gears properly and have any power?!?!?! if that was the case i would take back all those nasty things i said about the dixie chicks!

Hey guys,

I just picked up a 2004 B21 backhoe loader with hydrostatic transmission. When you drive either forward or reverse and load is put onto the rear end the back tires stop moving and you hear a load clicking sound..?? crazy eh! would this be the differential? any idea would be awesome thanks alot in advance

Last edited:

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
When you drive either forward or reverse and load is put onto the rear end the back tires stop moving and you hear a load clicking sound..
Welcome Rye (for short) do you mean a "low" or "loud" clicking noise :confused: And I might add that's a great TLB machine for professional use. :D

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Also does the front wheel drive work? This will help narrow down the location of the problem. we had one of these once where the gear on the back of the hydrostat (pn 6c05014290) came off but it wouldn't drive at all.
Ed

Ryeguy

Equipment
B21
Nov 24, 2009
Haha thanks for the greeting very nice to be here! I would say its a medium clicking noise sound coming from the rear end. it works in all high medium and low gears but still does the same.. the HST seems to be working through it all so maybe the diff? and yes! its taking me a long time to get to a tractor this nice.. i started with a ford 8n completely rebuilt it and made a profit then worked up to a massey 135 with loader then did the same and now i've gone orange!

Welcome Rye (for short) do you mean a "low" or "loud" clicking noise :confused: And I might add that's a great TLB machine for professional use. :D[/QUOTE]

Ryeguy

Equipment
B21
Nov 24, 2009
Rye I don't know if I could have given that " Red Belly " up, whoops I'm showing my age...:D
Haha it was a beautiful tractor especially after i rebuilt the entire thing and painted it! took me about 8 months after work tinkering away but she was a beaut... hopefully i'll get my orange girl outside running as well we'll see!

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Slip and post a picture of that ole girl! :D Hey if your into restoration there are a lot of Kubota 23 HP and under mowers coming out of the woodwork with the economy the way it is... the bad :( thing is the cost of parts but I see more and more aftermarket parts daily...:)

Ryeguy

Equipment
B21
Nov 24, 2009
haha you might kill me if your a purist but i painted it blue and white! but everything mechanical was better than new on this machine after i was done with it... she purred like a kitten and theres on of my old massey too... once i get this kubota fixed i might look into an older one not to sure yet i never really look for these things they just seem to drop into my lap!

Attachments

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Beautiful job! Blue is better than Green! HA! Lets go to work on those Orange Ones now and you are what we need helping on this site. :)