attaching post hole digger

91redfrod

Equipment
B7200
Oct 23, 2012
Vernonia
I am working with a b7200 and went to do a test instal of the full size PHD and the ROP bar prevents the main beam from fully reaching the mounting point, it seems like it's removable, i'm guessing pretty heavy, but doable, and i figure safer than trying to change other things, if i'm careful moving to where i'm drilling the holes and pay attention while doing them and reinstall the ROPs afterward. doesn't sound too bad, i think i'm going for it. any advice?:D

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I have a L185 so it is a different tractor than what you have. Not sure what you have for the ROPS but mine looks kind of like a large light bulb. On mine the ROPS is made in two pieces. It was difficult to get on so I did it one side at a time and then got the top aligned and bolted together. The bracket that attaches the top link to the tractor is bolted on the back side of the ROPS so you may need some new bolts. Saying that another way, there are tapped holes in the back of the tractor case. The top two bolts are replaced with long studs that go through the ROPS and the bracket. Then 4 additional long bolts go through the bracket and ROPS into the tractor. You will probably have to get shorter high strength (10.9 in metric world) to use.
Try to find out the torque values for the bolts holding on the ROPS.

It is not too difficult to take mine off and on but I don't want to do it often.
It requires some help or an overhead lifting point (tree, beam..) to get it done by yourself. I would guess about one hour to get it off, about two to get it back on.

RD Gray

Equipment
BX2200 LA211 Loader 5' rear blade Woods PHD ph35
Oct 31, 2012
Luray, Virginia
The ROPS was not in the way on the BX. I had this one on and dug 21 holes. Had to reverse the pins because of the width. It tried to screw in the ground on a couple of the holes, but worked fine and I had pretty good dirt to dig in. 12" auger.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
RD where did you get that canapy for your BX? Can you put doors ans windows in it?

91redfrod

Equipment
B7200
Oct 23, 2012
Vernonia
hey regularjay, ya i can get a pic later tonight and post it but let me try & do a better job of splanin' it. the long boom pc that supports the auger mounts to the tractor in such a way that requires it to pass through the ROP, the pipe that makes up the boom is maybe 3-4" around and has a pc welded on the end that is slimmer and has a hole for the mount pin to pass through, iv'e seen them with this pc at least 6" long but the PHD i have is maybe 3" so the pipe, or round part hit's the ROP, if this pc were a bit longer it would work, i don't know the brand of the PHD, since i have access to it i want to make it work if safely possible. :)