Any suggestions for 3-pont rear snowblower for the L3200?

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I'm running a 64" Pronovost Puma. It wasn't a result of extensive research. It was used, fairly inexpensive and looked sturdy. I installed electric motors for chute control. It was a lot of fun last winter. Although it works fine, I have some pieces of mudflap to install on the impellers.

windsolar

Equipment
L3200, 48 hrs
Oct 28, 2015
West Chazy, NY
Chim, thanks, mudflaps for what? Was it hard to install the controls? My neighbor has a manual lever and says he rarely touches once it is set. I got the edge tamers for the FEL and plan to run that and see how it goes. Looking for a used SB 64. Right size as wide enough for wheels and my PTO power.

I'm running a 64" Pronovost Puma. It wasn't a result of extensive research. It was used, fairly inexpensive and looked sturdy. I installed electric motors for chute control. It was a lot of fun last winter. Although it works fine, I have some pieces of mudflap to install on the impellers.

windsolar

Equipment
L3200, 48 hrs
Oct 28, 2015
West Chazy, NY
Chim, I found a Puma 64 in great shape. Explain the mudflap pieces you installed. what electric motor did you install? chris

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Sorry, I missed that earlier post. The pieces of mudflap are attachment to the fan blades to reduce the clearance between the tips and the housing. There are a bunch of examples on Youtube. It is supposed to increase the efficiency / distance.

When I pulled the blower out of the shed to replace the RFM for the season, I decided against doing it. It threw snow fine last year but I am a tinkerer and it looked like a neat thing to try. When I saw how small the gap was it didn't look like it was worth the effort. I also had visions of one piece coming off and disturbing the balance of the blades when there wasn't time to mess with it.

The electric controls weren't difficult. It would have been simpler to use HD switches in place of the small switches controlling 30A automotive relays, but I wanted to mount the small switches on a cord in the cab. Up/down uses a linear actuator. Rotation is done with a surplus electric seat motor with some mods to the factory cranking assembly.

windsolar

Equipment
L3200, 48 hrs
Oct 28, 2015
West Chazy, NY
Thanks. I'll probably leave it as it this winter. I am finding myself building a road to nowhere this fall. Bet I am not the first. The South side of my house always gets a lot of snow buildup and it is about 100 years around the side of the house to get there from the North side. I have about 1/2 of it dug up and 32 gravel laid down to give me a driving access road to my wood lot and the other side of the house. It was a blast! Chris

Sorry, I missed that earlier post. The pieces of mudflap are attachment to the fan blades to reduce the clearance between the tips and the housing. There are a bunch of examples on Youtube. It is supposed to increase the efficiency / distance.

When I pulled the blower out of the shed to replace the RFM for the season, I decided against doing it. It threw snow fine last year but I am a tinkerer and it looked like a neat thing to try. When I saw how small the gap was it didn't look like it was worth the effort. I also had visions of one piece coming off and disturbing the balance of the blades when there wasn't time to mess with it.

The electric controls weren't difficult. It would have been simpler to use HD switches in place of the small switches controlling 30A automotive relays, but I wanted to mount the small switches on a cord in the cab. Up/down uses a linear actuator. Rotation is done with a surplus electric seat motor with some mods to the factory cranking assembly.