another buying advise question.L2800 b3300su or ct230

island tractor

Equipment
can't decide
Jul 11, 2012
out there
I am in need of a tractor to use on my 3 acre acreage. Its Not to mow the lawn so i dont need a mid pto nor do we get much snow so will never need a snow blower. I do want to build a fence and plan on using a 3pt post hole digger. I also heat my home via firewood and use large metal crates to load the firewood into right off the splitter leave them outside all summer. at the end of summer i but them in the att garage out of the rain. When the wood is green i would say the crates of wood weigh around 1600lbs and dry closer to 1000lbs. I have a 3pth forks to move them and will need a tractor that will be able to lift that much. But i dont want any larger of a tractor then i have to as i still want access to all areas of my yard and the turning radius really goes up as well.

The reason i join Orange tractor to ask this question is because i dont want to hear from every Kioti owner telling me the the CT model form bobcat is just a repainted Kioti. I want to hear from Kubota owners and hear what they think of their tractor pro and cons.
thanks for anyones input.

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Island Tractor:

We purchased an L3700SU and it is equivalent to the L3800. We have 6.5 acres and do what you said you were going to do with a tractor.

These are amazing and reliable machines and it has done everything asked of it. However, if you do purchase one. Be sure to check out the 3 point lift both with and without a load. Some have had valve problems causing a jerky raising issue. Our valve was replaced under warranty and works fine now.

The loader handles firewood easily fully loaded. We have also moved pavers, stones and gravel with it very easily. We call it our BMOT for "Big Mouthed Orange Tractor."

We owned a ford 2n prior to this for snow removal and it worked fine.

We have used the 3 point for many attachments and the PTO as well. Either of these will serve you well.

Price and comparison is way and above the green kind.

Burt

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I think Burt has the right idea for you. First hand information is hard to beat!

Oh and BTW, welcome aboard!!!

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Welcome to the Orange place! :)

I'd go with an L Kubota, the L2800 would be fine for what you want. The 3 pt hitch will lift you firewood containers.

I have been very impressed with the L3800DT. Very nimble, tight turning and power to spare!

island tractor

Equipment
can't decide
Jul 11, 2012
out there
I have made a list of my wants and needs for a tractor and i really dont think the B3300su will do it which leave it to the ct230 and the L kubota.

It may sound petty but i just hate the nonintergraded loader control on the on the L model. Along with the cheap set up Kubota dealer use for adding auxiliary hydraulic valve by bolting a bracket and hydraulic valve to the fender. It just makes the tractor seem so cheap and out dated.

These are the 2 biggest things i like about the CT230, Not only is the loader control very nice on the CT but it has intergrated spots for 2 auxiliary hydraulic circuits for both the control valves and the hydraulic couplers.

What do the owners like and dislike about their own L series kubotas?

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I have the L3200, which is about the same as the L2800 - about 2 hp more at the PTO. It will do everything you've asked for, and then some. The L series appear to have a stronger rear axle than the 3300 although I've never heard or seen a complaint, and can pick up a bit more at the 3 point hitch. They can turn quite sharply and are easy to get about on. I had my first Kubota for 35 years, then sold it to a neighbor, who loves it. Figure on a lasting value.

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I find the loader controls on the Kubota to be fine. I also really like how easy the loader come off and goes on. It's very fast, takes 5 minutes. And I do not like to mow with a loader on, so it works great for me.

As for the rear remotes, I don't have any, or need any, but the location wouldn't be critical in my choice. I could fab a different bracket, or whatever if I didn't want it mounted to the fender.

I did not look at Bobcat 7 months ago when I bought the L3800, but did look at Kioti, JD, MF, NH and Mahindra. Kubota won out. Mahindra a close second and Kioti came in last, this just from the overall feel of the machines and the lay out while seated on the tractor.

Go set on them and buy the one 'you' like best... :)

Last edited:

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I should also add that we have 400 acres here, but no 'big' tractor jobs, just lots of small jobs. Logging, mowing, firewood, 1 mile drive to keep smooth, several miles of logging roads to keep clear and a little loader work.

I could use a larger tractor at times, but the 3800 gets it done. And we do have the larger L3750, but it's almost 30 years old and it's hydraulics are getting weak. Still a good machine and will replace the pump on it at some point...