advice needed

liviumircea

Nov 10, 2009
Romania
Hello,

I am new to this forum, managed to reach it by google while searching up for info on Japanese tractors.

I found this tractor that I want to buy for my parents (they plan to move to countryside). They have arround 25 acres of land so I must buy a small tractor to serve only this area. I oriented towards Japanese compact tractors because if properly mantained, as I red so far, they are very very durable if properly mantained (I am not a mechanical genius) and also due to very low fuel consumption. As I checked the internet, here in romania alot of appliances for this kind of tractors can be found (small plow with 2 or 3 arms, trailers for 800 kg loading weight, harrow, even also the device to plant corn, pulverizer etc). They are quite expensive here even if second hand imported from Japan, but if they are durable as it is said and with the fuel consumption reduced thwy would worth the money.

Under this conditions I oriented towards Kubota Sunshine L1-26 4WD, it has arround 1500 hours of program. It is right the one in the link above:
http://www.utilajeagricole.net/301009/301009.htm
On weekend I will go to actually see it, I would need your advice on what to check to be sure it is in good condition. The vendor claims that it has the filters and oils replaced and that they are imported directly from Japan.
The bad part about this is that if anything brokens I am not quite sure if in Romania I will find spare parts for it so I can only pray it will be in good condition and over the time only consumables would require changeing.

Please let me know your opinion on this model, if you have a good knolege on this model and it's durability, also on what to check before actually buying it.

I have to make a choice between this and Yanmar 2300D wich is with arround 1300 $ cheaper. I go towards the Kubota hence spare parts can be obtainable over the internet with more ease in case of a brakedown.

Please your advices on this issue and thank you very much for this site and forum.

Best regards,
Liviu

dax

Equipment
L1-R26, mower, tiller, plow, post hole digger, trailer, mechanical winch
Mar 14, 2009
ROMANIA, GORJ
Hey! The link is from a Yanmar, don't insult the Kubota owners :)! And it's an old Yanmar :p!
The L 26 is there too...