A little whine anyone?

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Some do, on track race machines not so much 😉, but for street legal machines, they do not really point / aim the same way (at least I hope the two wheelers are riding appropriately and counter steering) or where you need then if going around a curve. They just point where going when traveling straight.
I always wanted to put servo motors on my R1200GSA to move the driving (riding?) lights up and down for curves. Then I think that I don't need to be going that fast at night 🤔
I will say that the side mounted scene lighting really helped with wildlife detection out west. Should add a relay for it so it turns off with the high beams. Maybe one day.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Chevy and GMC have a common issue with the halogen light plugs. Moisture gets into the plug and causes the bulbs to fail prematurely.
I kinda like it that way. It makes it so much easier for me to identify them on the road.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I always wanted to put servo motors on my R1200GSA to move the driving (riding?) lights up and down for curves. Then I think that I don't need to be going that fast at night 🤔
I will say that the side mounted scene lighting really helped with wildlife detection out west. Should add a relay for it so it turns off with the high beams. Maybe one day.
I've got the lean sensing lights on my FJR and my car's headlights swivel in turns. Seems like more of a gimmick than it's worth and more to go wrong IMHO.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
What drives me crazy are people that turn on their amber flashers in the fog. The new bright amber rears make it even harder to see in the fog when coming up behind these cars.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
As a breed, Chrysler stuff has obnoxious lights. In particular, the pickups and Jeeps have bad headlights and fog lights from the factory.

And factory fog lights. People run them all the time, and the only area they light up is so close to the front bumper they're useless.

Aiming headlights has limited value unless you live in a plains state where the tallest mountain is where the road was built up at an interstate intersection. In PA the variation of elevation frequently puts you eyes below what would be the cutoff on a flat road.

In general, headlights became bothersome when the manufacturers went to what I call "designer headlights". It was easy to tell whether the oncoming vehicle was using high beams or low beams with the old sealed beam doubles and quads. The newer lamp technology complicates it further.

The spillage from LED's is awful. The well-illuminated area is much smaller than the area where looking into them is almost painful.