A beveled backhoe bucket is beautiful

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Are those teeth welded on or bolted on? And is it a Kubota? Or some other brand?

My 16" is a DR, made for their little backhoe-thingy they sell. (Or used to sell?) Bolted on teeth.

The tooth shanks are welded on, then the teeth are crimped on to the shanks.
It is the original Kubota B670 bucket, although the B670 hoes were made by an American company in Wisconsin for Kubota, either ARPS or Aeroquip, depending on the vintage. ('70s or '80s)
The bucket above it is one I cut the teeth off to have a finish bucket.
I have (3) buckets for the little hoe.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The teeth are pinned?

My DR bucket teeth are bolted on. Very easy to remove/replace.
Yup!
The teeth on Kubota construction grade BH & Mini-Ex buckets are attached, with a spiral roll pin.

Last edited:

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
That's probably cheap, but I like being able to remove them easily. Maybe one of these days I"ll covert mine. But then, I haven't had a reason to yet, so.....

The only reason I messed with my DR bucket teeth is that I'm using it to backfill a bunch of trenches I've been digging. With the teeth removed, it scrapes the loose dirt off the surface and doesn't dig in. It's working very well.

Well, when it isn't raining.....

Vigo

Equipment
B6100, B8200
Jan 9, 2022
San Antonio Texas
Good to know it's worth the time it takes to do it. But the obvious caveat is that the better the 'edge', the quicker it's ruined on the first rock. I think for a commercial machine which is used all day it's totally impractical trying to keep any remotely fragile 'edge' on anything, and the alternative path is put so much hydraulics and weight behind it that you can push a butter knife sideways through a diamond or something like that.

For us operating tiny machines, accumulating few hours, on home projects, i think it could make a lot of sense to bevel your bucket!

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Well, I took a closer look at my Kubota bucket today, and its teeth are bolted on, just like the DR bucket. Nice.

(Those are the DR teeth sitting in the Kubota bucket temporarily.)

12 in kubota bucket teeth bolt on.jpg

Reactions: 1 users