9960 Electric PTO switch - "hard start"

GGHR Matt

Equipment
9960 4WD
Jul 28, 2015
Yuba City, CA
I have a 9960 4WD Kubota tractor. Purchased new this past February. The tractor works great for what we need in our orchards. Also purchased the loader, bucket, and a set of 4,000 lb. capacity forks for the loader.

The one thing I don't like on it is the "electronic" PTO switch. There is no "easy in, ease it out" option. It's "slam on" at idle. I do not like this feature at all. Our (2) JD 2555's and (2) Case 95c's have a nice ease in lever for engaging the PTO on equipment. That way the drivelines, sprayer pumps, gear boxes, are not stressed. Spoken with two Kubota reps and both of them say this is the way to go and better than the standard Clutch packs of slow engaging. I disaggree. Has anyone figured out how to modify this electronic switch so that it is more gentle on starting mowers and sprayers? Kubota came out and put in a tiny little orfice in the PTO module to slow down the start. It went from 1/4 second to maybe a 1/2 second start. Still too hard. We use 12' shredder flails and large 38" blower fans on orchards sprayers and that "hard start" is very hard on the equipment. THoughts!?

Thanks, Matt