60" MMM B2920 height adjust

gcbailey

Equipment
B2920
Jun 17, 2013
southern wv
Well, I just recently upgraded my year old BX2360 to a B2920. I realized I needed a little more "oomph" all around. Don't get me wrong, I loved the BX, but wow... it's a BIG difference between the B and BX.

However, I am having one issue. I opted to go with the 31.5x15 turf tires instead of the 33x15 turfs. I went to mow the other day at 3.5" and I scalped the lawn! I had to raise the deck to 4" just to get a decent cut.... Here's what I'm thinking. The dealer had the deck adjusted based on the 33" tires and where the 31.5" are shorter in height, it has the deck cutting shorter. I measured the blades horizontal and parallel to the tractor and at 3" the blades are at 1.5". Also, the deck isn't raising enough for the holes to line up enough in the front stopper to place the pins in to keep the deck from lowering when brush hogging with the deck in place.

I've been reading in the manual, but I'm somewhat confused as to what all needs adjusted. Do I need to adjust the front link (front of the tractor to deck), along with the lift links connected to the sides of the deck? Do I need to adjust anything dealing with the rod that connects to the cat1 lift on the rear?

Attachments

Fredhargis

Equipment
B2920, FEL, BH, MMM, tiller, grader, snowthrower
Jan 7, 2011
Waynesfield, OH
If you look in the mower manual, you'll see a separate section about mounting the mower to a tractor with "farm" tires. The farm tires must be taller, since you need "stopper" plates to put on the mower (look at the pics, you'll see). Anyway, my point is that the adjustment they make for a taller tractor tractor is only to the front link, and the turnbuckle that goes to the 3PH. I would think in your case it would be the same parts, adjusted in the other direction. I wish you luck with this, my 60" MMM wasn't even from the dealer and I tried to correct it myself.....kind of a headache.

gcbailey

Equipment
B2920
Jun 17, 2013
southern wv
I have been reading in the manual, but I didn't know if I needed to make each individual adjustment or not. I would call the dealer about this, but they are 45 minutes away and the machine is also used for work, so I can't really afford the down time of possibly a couple of days to get the height adjusted.