3-PT Hitch Kit for B1750

MOWOG

May 9, 2013
Bothell, WA,USA
I picked up a Kubota B1750 that is missing the complete 3 PT hitch assembly. I've been looking at this one on flea-bay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KUBOTA-COMPACT-TRACTOR-CAT-1-3-Point-Linkage-Hitch-Kit-/140830794031
I'm wondering if this one will work? The specs say the lower lift arms are 19.68 " hole-to-hole and the fixed LH lift rod is 11.81" while the adjustable rod starts at 10". So do any of you Kubota brothers out there have a B1750 to measure the factory setup to see if these measurements are within reason? I'd really like the OEM setup, but I don't think that's going to happen, and I can't seem to find any used stuff so far. Thanks. Jim

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
I suspect you're going to find the only reasonable way to proceed is to pay the dealer and get the 'correct' stuff. Search onlline parts houses for best possible pricing then call then up and attempt to negotiate. Your dealer MIGHT get the price close to cost if you have an established relationship with him.

Search this Forum for other threads about 3-point lifts and aftermarket and homemade / shopmade replacments. I think you'll find the results are less than desired. The stuff on eBay has generally (assuming my memory is correct) been reported as being less than satisfactory as to form fit and function.

If nothing else, consider that having the 'official' parts will add value to your machine if resold.

Out of curiosity I priced all the parts needed for my 3-point just as an exercise to determine added value at resale and was surprised to say the least. Consult Merricks online for prices after looking at Kubota's corporate website for part numbers.

Please post back your experiences and decisions so we may all learn.