3 point tiller for bx

Wrencher2423

Apr 27, 2014
Leechburg,Pa,U.S.A
got a bx tractor that I want a rear tiller for. I have 3 options 1. Kubota brand tiller that's 40" wide 2. a taylor of Pittsburgh that is 48" wide and a land pride that is 50" wide. all with in a couple hundred dollars of each other . not sure which is the better tiller. called 2 local buta dealer 1 says land pride and the other says the Kubota is the best . what's any bodies thoughts on these brand. I have the landpride finish mower and love it, just not sure which way to lean. any help would be great.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
First I would want to cover my tire path. I would go with Landpride out of the 3. I would think Landpride and Kubota would be equal, but 40" wouldn't cut it.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Don't know which is "best", but we are happy with our LP RTR0550 and the company that just finished doing some landscaping for us uses LP tillers.

bdm300

Jul 4, 2014
mo
Bought the 50" landpride for my bx2670 and it works great and is a reverse tine which is better in my opinion. But they are a little more expensive I think but worth it so far

Wrencher2423

Apr 27, 2014
Leechburg,Pa,U.S.A
yea i agree like all of there stuff i have seen so far and used kind of new to this stuff and man is it expensive. i called the kubota dealer up and told them to build me the land pride tiller picking it up saturday morning. hope it works well got it for a small garden and maybe some side work here and there.

davcog

Equipment
BX 23, Woods tiller, MMM
Mar 27, 2014
West Gardiner, Maine
Have a Land Pride tiller that I've used for about six years on my BX23. No major problems. Problems I did have were more due to operator error than poor machinery.

Wrencher2423

Apr 27, 2014
Leechburg,Pa,U.S.A
Picked it up Saturday afternoon and love the look anyways. Have not had time to put it on leaving for the beech on Friday and trying to get things taken care of before I leave. Hopefully when I return I get some time.

gregger

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Saint John, NB Canada
I looked at many listings for tillers for my BX25D, width, weight, offsets, etc, I found a gently used Del Morino tiller, 51" tines, 55" overall -very rugged and well built,has 7 sets of 4 tines, has a crank for adjusting the off-set, simply back off the two lock hands, fit crank on end of large threaded shaft, and crank to get offset needed. Horizontal driveshaft must be splined/sleeved to allow center gearbox to slide over one foot. Great machine, works smooth.

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
I've got the Taylor Pittsburg, it works well, but their paint job is horrible, their manual is a photo copy of a photocopy, it's nearly illegible and is the most poorly written thing I've seen. For the cost of the equipment I expected a little quality. It is 48 inch and the BX 25 handles it well in rocky soil.

Jerry

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
what did you do for PTO lengths? I just got the Taylor way 48" for subcompacts. I'm not sure that i can cut the pto short enough and still have any overlap left. I don't have quick hitch for added length (don't want one).

HighSierra79

Equipment
B7100d, M6800 w/FEL, 7' mower, 7' box blade, 42" LP tiller, 5' rake
Sep 1, 2013
MO
Wrenched, now spend an extra $100, get a harbor freight QH, and hook your tiller up in less than a minute. Best money I ever spent, and didn't have to drastically modify shaft on the LP tiller.

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
It it uses shear pins, best pick up at least 6 to change just in case you break them. Scary to me first time breaking one. But found easy to change with shaft lined up to replace. Read manual for size, and DO NOT exceed shear pin grade as it protects tiller and tractor. There is also lockable shaft that costs a little more, but you have to adjust the spring for it. Should be listed in manual for it as well.