"05" L3130 "Wont Start " ???

MendoAgriturismo

Equipment
L3130 W Loader
Apr 6, 2009
Willits, ca
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2005 L3130 which I purchased last year. This sping when I attempted to get out and use it, I could not get the tractor to start.
I have gone through the process of "bleeding the injection system"
and have fuel to the injectors.
The tractor wants to start but I seems to be having and electrical interupt issue and will not operate.
I have been a mechanic for 40 years and feel confident in my diagnosis and my ability to bleed the system as outlined in the manuel and on this site by Vic.
I feel extremely frustrated with the situation as even contacting Kubota's customer service was short and demeaning. I also feel cheated with a tractor which has 126 hours will not start. I cannot understand how the manufacturer in the design could have had a DOA failure within that short life cycle. I understand that the tractor is,," 4 Years old" but to not start after 2 days of fuel updates and filter replacements and the bleeding process disturbs the ideal of customer satisfaction. In our current society it seems that quality and integrity from a company has gone astray.
If a electrical failure has occurred I feel this would be extremly premature toward a reliabily issue due to all eletrical switches have a 5K to 10K reliability rating.

I honestly feel that I have purchased a lemon, not an orange! I should have gone "Green"

Last edited:

MendoAgriturismo

Equipment
L3130 W Loader
Apr 6, 2009
Willits, ca
Re: "05" L3130 "Wont Start ".Fuel Shutoff Solenoid???

Hi Vic and All, :cool:

The dealer has informed me that the -05 3130 (with 126 hours) tractor has a "fuel shut off solenoid" which had gone bad,, I will update this post with the details,,
The dealer had to contact Kubota to diagnose the problem ,,,,

MendoAgriturismo

Equipment
L3130 W Loader
Apr 6, 2009
Willits, ca
Kubota 3130 owners beware

Hi Vic and All :eek:

Yes you are correct although Kabota didn't think so! The "Fuel Solenoid" had gone bad the dealer took 2 hours to diagnose.
After the repair I noticed a distinct loud click when you turn on the key.
Any "Kubota mechanic" when faced with this problem would think fuel and "Dah" fuel solenoid. I would notice the click did not occur when the key was turned to on. I feel bad that Kubota ignored my original information when I droped off the tractor. I feel cheated by Kubota that I have a tractor with 126 hours and the electrical switch that impeded the flow of fuel failed. I feel the dealer was lacking in knowledge and mechainal experiance to spend two hours diagnosing, and lastly I feel slighted that the little elecro magnet (solenoid) was $150.00. An american car soleniod is about $30.00 and is 4 times the size of this item. .... What a mark up.
American corporate gouging, I am a global commodity manager for mechanical components and this little soleniod would cost about 20 Americam dollars produced in Asia. With a four X markup it should be $80 to $85. Go figure.:rolleyes:
Total once all was said and done for this new tractor to be repaired was $350.00.
Not a happy camper :mad:

Last edited: