Kubota L2501 OEM Rear Hydraulic Install

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Nice setup and thanks for sharing. :)

I don't know why Kubota don't include at least one rear remote on a compact tractor.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Thanks for posting. I had the dealer install my Kubota 2 rear remotes and got one float like you did. Your video shows me how it is connected which is nice to know. I see my dealer put the bracket in a different location on the ROPS. Below the fender on the inside. Yours matches the image in the manual. Makes me wonder if my dealer just ignores the instructions or if they have experience that guides them to install it differently. It does not interfere with the full articulation of the QH15 using the TnT cylinders.
Rear hydraulic mounting bracket small.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Neal

May 8, 2019
Tucson, AZ
Thanks for the picture. I will take a look and see if that is a better location. Where did you get your top and tilt hydraulics? I need to get the same setup.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Just wrote this in the QH15 and Rear Finish Mower thread. The hydraulic Top and Side or Top and Tilt are from Fit Rite. The proprietor, Brian, is on OTT as @MtnViewRanch . He does everything himself so the lead time is a few months for most kits. Take a look at posts on OTT and other places and you will see that his kits are superior to others available. I highly recommend getting both top and side hydraulics.

Also, get the QH15 floating top link kit in that thread if you plan on running a rotary cutter or finish mower.

Last edited:

Neal

May 8, 2019
Tucson, AZ
I have a float for the top hydraulic. Isn't that enough to allow the mower to follow the ground. I ordered a Land Pride GS1560 scraper grader and needed it to float on the grade. It seems the like float linky thing will do the same thing but is much less expensive?

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
The optional floating top link will help with contours perpendicular to travel direction but not those parallel. To avoid scalping you will need to float in both top and tilt mode. That's why I use the hydraulic float valve for tilt when mowing. Otherwise the mower is rigid from side to side and will wind up in the air or digging into the turf when encountering undulating ground. You should use your float valve on the tilt cylinder when mowing if you get the optional floating link kit, ~$37.00 See this post for a picture of the kit installed and a link to purchase from Messicks. Then you can swap the lines putting float back on the top cylinder for the grader.

I would like to have float valves for both Top and Tilt but couldn't justify the cost for the 3rd rear remote to get it. I just don't think I would use a third one and have done fine mowing with only one.

Last edited:

Neal

May 8, 2019
Tucson, AZ
I should have understood that from the beginning, so sorry for the dumb question. That link would require a slot for the pin to travel along to get the float to work in that axis. Thanks for explaining it.