L3901 headlights

Big Hoss

Equipment
L3901
May 16, 2018
Sandyston, NJ
I've searched and can't find a stock bulb # to look up a replacement for the headlights. I took the bulb out and there wasn't a number or any other identifier on it. Anyone know what the stock bulb # is?

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, LA525-FEL, BMLX-3164 3pt Blower, 72" Coteck Sno Pusher, 60" Box Blade
Feb 20, 2017
St.Francois,New Brunswick. Canada

TheJuice9269

Equipment
Kubota MX5100-(sold) / Kubota MX 5200-(sold) / Kubota MX5800
Oct 14, 2017
Freeland, MI, USA
Are these specific to just this size (tractor) model? I have an MX5800 I was looking to upgrade to LED's all the way around. How do you guys cross reference or get a part number/style number to look up? Thanks!

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, LA525-FEL, BMLX-3164 3pt Blower, 72" Coteck Sno Pusher, 60" Box Blade
Feb 20, 2017
St.Francois,New Brunswick. Canada
It's the same bulbs I put in my L2501. There ARE very very faint stamping numbers on the original bulb base, or you can contact your dealer for a bulb number if necessary. Go to Amazon, or Ebay or wherever and enter the bulb number and "LED Replacement". Thats what I did and it worked perfectly. There were many to fit my application, (I changed the tail light and blinker bulbs to LED too), but one set was much better than the other. The expensive ones were only so-so......the $10 set were like.."Holy defection result!! Woo-hoo look at that light output!" So the old adage of you get what you pay for isn't always in effect. The cheaper bulbs were MUCH better.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
A caution for those owners of very old and small Kubota's and many garden tractors, the lights are run by alternating current so do not work with a LED bulb which is designed for direct current.

Manufacturers do this as it is twice as efficient as 1/2 the sine wave output from the dynamo is not wasted as heat. The dynamo puts out alternating current and some is rectified to DC to charge the battery.

This practice ended some time ago as far as small tractors are concerned. Not certain about garden tractors.

Dave