Hydraulic back blade

zapper

Equipment
B2650 Cab model, BX2370, pallet forks and dual remotes, box blade, rear blade,
Nov 9, 2014
DANVILLE
I have a b2650 cab model with dual hydraulic ports. I would like to buy a hydraulic back blade that allows for rotation of the blade or a kit to make my land pride back blade hydraulic activated. Any body know of any or how to do this Thanks

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
About any fab shop should be able to make the mounts for relatively little $$$. That or an RB3772 But that blade is way over kill for your tractor.

I'm thinking that you should be able to do this whole thing for about $300.

Paying to have the mounts made and installed on your blade.

A 3"x 12" welded clevis type cylinder and the hoses and male couplers.

Be sure to get the cylinder first and work from there. ;)

Everyman

Jan 12, 2017
Hollis,NH USA
I have a 2016 B2650 Cab model. The local Kubota dealer has installed a hydraulicly operated angling Landpride RB1672 back blade. You buy the back blade and then have dealer add the rear ports and control lever to operate it. The cost is around $1100 over the cost of the blade alone. Landpride hydraulic conversion kit is included in that cost.

I will be adding the second rear port and lever next spring. I want to control the 3 point top cylinder on the fly too. More money but I am finding that it enables you to do angling operations and positioning on the fly that you could never do alone and increases the value of the back blade option dramatically. I can post pics if you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

zapper

Equipment
Nov 9, 2014
DANVILLE
Thank you for the responses. I do have a rb1572 which I may try to add a 3"x 12" cylinder to and weld mounts on.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Are you looking to rotate it 360° so that you can push and pull?

zapper

Equipment
Nov 9, 2014
DANVILLE
Possibly but most being able to turn blade to the left or right.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
I have a 2016 B2650 Cab model. The local Kubota dealer has installed a hydraulicly operated angling Landpride RB1672 back blade. You buy the back blade and then have dealer add the rear ports and control lever to operate it. The cost is around $1100 over the cost of the blade alone. Landpride hydraulic conversion kit is included in that cost.

I will be adding the second rear port and lever next spring. I want to control the 3 point top cylinder on the fly too. More money but I am finding that it enables you to do angling operations and positioning on the fly that you could never do alone and increases the value of the back blade option dramatically. I can post pics if you want.
I think that you would find that when using a rear blade such as your RB1672 that a hydraulic side link would serve you better than the hydraulic top link.

These rear blades are designed to best be used with the boom parallel with the ground or should I say with the tractor. I know that they get used at times by angling the moldboard forward or back, (typically forward) but ideally the boom should be positioned so that the angle of the blade can always be rotated 360* if you were on level ground and not hit the ground when say 1" above the ground.

This way, particularly with a hydraulic angle, the angle can be adjusted on the fly and not start to dig any deeper on the leading edge as the blade gets angled.

zapper

Equipment
Nov 9, 2014
DANVILLE
remotes.jpg Thanks for the pics Everyman. That is exactly what I want for my B2650HSDC. I already have dual remotes on my tractor. Just wanting to alter my current rb1572 blade or possibly buying a rb1672 hydraulic blade like yours.

zapper

Equipment
Nov 9, 2014
DANVILLE
Oh MtnViewRanch I purchased your top and side cylinder from you and received it in December. I have not installed it yet was waiting on warmer weather. It looks great though thanks.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Oh MtnViewRanch I purchased your top and side cylinder from you and received it in December. I have not installed it yet was waiting on warmer weather. It looks great though thanks.
Thanks, sounds like you may need to go with an electric diverter to get that 3rd rear remote that you are going to need.

I've got my bigger tractor in the yard now to get the 4th and 5th rear remotes installed on it. Hopefully this month. ;)

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I put a Land Pride rb2684 with hydraulic angle on my tractor for this season. Haven't gotten much use with it yet, but it's a nicely made blade. I also use a hydraulic top link mostly because I don't like constantly adjusting a manual link every time I swap implements.
Another advantage of the hydraulic top link is I can shorten it up and get the blade much higher off the ground if I want to push snow piles back.
My previous manual angle blade was a County Line plow that I used for over 10 years. It was a great snow blade, but rather than add hydraulics to an old beat up blade I opted to replace it. I also like the higher moldboard of the rb26 series at 18".