Long Range Wasp Zapping

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Recent posts about finding Yellow Jackets with your mower/tractor/chainsaw prompted me to post this:
It's a holder for a spray can that screws on to a broom stick or extendable roller pole, with a pull string to trigger the spray. (not affiliated in any way, just thought it was a handy product) They're available from Wallyworld, Amazone, & Fleabay.
I have poles that range from 4ft, 8ft, & 21ft, but I actually use it for lubricating the hoist pulley on my deer corn feeder, (20ft up) rather than zapping bugs, but it's nice to have it as an option.

Attachments

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thats a good idea,,,,, which reminds me I should take mine down and put a new battery in it...

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Had a big nest under corner of a one to deck. Foaming spray is not the greatest.
Was ineffective on the ground hornets next to my step.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Had a big nest under corner of a one to deck. Foaming spray is not the greatest.
Was ineffective on the ground hornets next to my step.
Frank
To bad it was so close to your deck, a little gasoline down the hole after dark. Wait a minute or two for some of the gas to vaporize, throw a match and no more hornets. Works really well for yellow jackets too.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Frank
To bad it was so close to your deck, a little gasoline down the hole after dark. Wait a minute or two for some of the gas to vaporize, throw a match and no more hornets. Works really well for yellow jackets too.
That's my favorite trick :D Works good on fire ant hill's also :cool:

Did have to call the fire department years ago. Neighbors kid poured gas on a huge ant hill that was tight to the house then lit it up. :eek: Dummy caught the house on fire :( Last time I saw the kid, his momma was chasing him up the street with a broom. Bout every third step she would let drive with that broom and lift that boy off the ground :rolleyes:

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
This time of year yellow jackets, wasps, hornets, etc. turn from predators to scavengers. I cut a two liter plastic bottle down, mix some microencapsulated diazinon with some cat food, place it in the bottom and work the top back on and tape it. Put it in a spot where other animals (like cats) can't get to it. Bees will take the mixture back to the hive to share and . . . all dead. I usually make up several for around the property with great results. You could mix some with root beer too they seem to love the sweet stuff.