Has anyone built a bracket to haul garbage cans?

JWatkins

Equipment
BX2670
Mar 18, 2016
Barrington, IL
Hi guys, this is my first post, but I've been reading a ton. Great board. I did a bunch of searching and couldn't find anything, so I apologize if this is redundant, but has anyone fabricated something that would pick up garbage cans with the 3PH? I know it's a simple thing, but it would really help to see how others have done it. Thanks in advance for any help. - John

JWatkins

Equipment
BX2670
Mar 18, 2016
Barrington, IL
And just to be clear I'll post a pic of the cans in question. I walk these things to the street every week about 500ft (uphill both ways). :)

image1.jpg

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
If you have a loader you could put some kind of clip on the bucket and hook into those handles halfway up the bin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Trash service where I have my cabin uses that type of can. I have seen a guy use an "S Hook" like the one sketched below. Appeared to be 5/16" thick, 6" wide, and hooked over the bucket lip on one end & the can's crossbar at the other. seemed to work.

Attachments

JWatkins

Equipment
BX2670
Mar 18, 2016
Barrington, IL
Thanks for the replies. That's kind of the idea I was mulling over also. I'd like to do it off of the back because I typically have a lot more than will fit in the cans. It would be nice to have the cans on the back, extra bags/cardboard in the bucket, and make it all in one trip. That would be a Godsend, actually.

JWatkins

Equipment
BX2670
Mar 18, 2016
Barrington, IL
Hey guys, wanted to post a quick follow-up. I found this product, called the Canhandler. I was planning on fabricating something, but this was priced so reasonably that I think I actually saved money over making it myself. It's very well made and they were very pleasant to deal with. Worked great on the first use. Thanks again for the input.

canhandler.jpg

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Very nice, I might need one in a few years when the lake property is livable.

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
Hey guys, wanted to post a quick follow-up. I found this product, called the Canhandler. I was planning on fabricating something, but this was priced so reasonably that I think I actually saved money over making it myself. It's very well made and they were very pleasant to deal with. Worked great on the first use. Thanks again for the input.

View attachment 21340
Sweet ride, but gotta like what I can see of the house.

Mike

JWatkins

Equipment
BX2670
Mar 18, 2016
Barrington, IL
Thanks, it was a basic 50's ranch until the previous owner, who was a FLW-obsessed architect, converted it to a larger prairie style.

Wormwood

Equipment
M5-111 SVL97-2 Sidekick
Oct 3, 2011
Little Rock, AR, United States
I have a cansporter, the dual can holder that fits into the receiver hitch. The lifting and latching mechanism works great but the cross bar they mount to is very thin and weak. Mine folded the 2nd time I drove the trashcans to the street. Ended up cutting some steel rectangular stock & welding up my custom arm & crossbar then bolting the cansporter mechanisms to it. That was ??? 5 years ago & I'm still using it every week.

Wormwood

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
After many years of experimenting I got a wife. Worked out great but the fuel bill is a little high.

I tried that method for a bit, then she decided that kids would work better.

Man. If I’da known that I could do this for only a couple hundred bucks, id be a rich man. Well, likely not any richer, but with way less grey hair. And a pool. I’d have a pool full of strange. Mmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk