50" vs 55" snowblower (front) for BX.

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
100% agree. I have a BX1880 and I can drop the blower off and have the FEL on in less than 15. Once I did the front hitch 2X it takes less than 30 seconds to pop on and off...just two spring loaded pins and one bar to put it on. I've actually heard a few claim that with the blower off, you can actually operate the FEL but I've never tried it. I havent found or thought of a situation I'd need the FEL in a snow scenario where the blower wouldnt be a better choice. I have considered a back blade for those annoying 1-2" slush storms, however.
This post might be a little late since the OP already bought something, but for others in the future maybe it helps. I have same setup as tiktok, BX1880 and the 50" standard blower. Works great. If I try to push too fast in wet snow the rpms can start to drop a bit. Typically though you start pushing snow before that happens. I did some extensive testing (aka messing around) and its POSSIBLE to have the FEL on at the same time as the quick hitch but its almost useless to do so. The parking stand interferes with the quick hitch so you have to take the hitch off, put the FEL on, then put the hitch back on. :D