Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Implements & Attachments

Implements & Attachments Find everything related to operating, servicing and maintaining that loader, mower, blade, snow blower, tiller, hitch or scraper, right here.

Old 08-24-2019   #1
Bores23

Equipment: B7610
Default B7610 with King Kutter XB Mower Question

I have a B7610 with a 4' King Kutter XB brush mower. I used it earlier this spring and engaged the PTO at idle and it seemed to engage fine ( a little mower shaking to get started but i believe that is normal ) When I used it yesterday and engaged the PTO at lower RPM's it stalled out the engine. I turned the tractor off and then checked to make sure the mower blades were able to be easily turned which they were. In the end I was able to get the mower going but i did have to up the RPM's to keep it from stalling. It did seem to run fine once i got it going. I am wondering if it is normal to have to engage at higher RPM's with a bush mower or if there is another underlying issue i may have to look into??
Bores23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2019   #2
Roadworthy
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L2501 HST
Default Re: B7610 with King Kutter XB Mower Question

The mower initially presents some resistance when engaged but your tractor should have sufficient power to turn it, though it may bog down until mower is up to speed. With PTO disengaged you should be able to turn the PTO shaft by hand. That will give you an idea how much resistance is there. I had an old 23 hp Mitsubishi running a five foot King Kutter with no problem though I never tried to engage it below about 1500 rpm. I'm pretty sure it would have stalled at idle. Even my lawn mower won't run the cutter at idle.
Roadworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019   #3
Shadetree03
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks

Like Roadworthy mentions "though it may bog down until mower is up to speed. With PTO disengaged you should be able to turn the PTO shaft by hand. That will give you an idea how much resistance is there. "

My 5' King Kutter rotates easily by hand to hook up and align with the PTO splines, but I also use it frequently. If it is stiff, you may have wire wrapped up underneath, or low lube in the right angle gear box. My U-joints are a little worn, but get a shot of grease daily, and I freed up the blade pivot pins at the start of the season with lots of oil can squirts, and working them back and forth...l now it spins smoothly. I just need to grind out some of the nicks in the cutter blades..
Shadetree03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019   #4
Russell King
Journeyman

Equipment: L185F

When I engage my 4í cutter on my L185, I am at idle and just use the throttle a bit to get the mower rotating while easing the clutch out, tractor not in gear. Then I get the engine up to the speed on the tachometer thatís PTO of 540. Then push in clutch, engage gear take off and adjust everything back to proper engine RPM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Russell King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019   #5
MadMax31
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX23S, 60" MMM

I engaged my brush hog at 2k, feathered the clutch a touch.

I miss that clutch, my BX23s is a lever than just bangs on rear PTO...

L175 sold
B7610 sold
MadMax31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019   #6
Bores23

Equipment: B7610

Thank you for all the information! I was able to get this figured out.
Bores23 is offline   Reply With Quote