Bx25-bx2750D hydraulics problem

Irelandj

Equipment
Bx25d, bx2750d
Nov 8, 2019
Alban, ontario
I have a bx25d and a newly installed bx 750D snowblower with a hydraulic chute rotation motor. The chute motor will only rotate one way, and when I switch hoses it rotates the other way only. I went through the entire troubleshooting procedure, including blowing out the motor with air. The air drives the motor both ways with ease, and I did get some crud out of the motor. So I disconnected the hoses from the motor and cycled through the control stick- I got a good stream from one hose but when I reversed the stick, I got a reduced flow from both hoses! I jyst took the LOADER off and it was working fine. I am at a loss, anyone have any ideas?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
This has come up before here on OTT. Sounds like you have the Owner's Manual.....

It seems like there's a "trick" with the FEL control stick. Racking my old noggin', seems like it was something with the right/fast dump detent on the stick....but I'm just guessing. I just remember reading the answer and thinking "hmmm, I wouldn't have guessed that."

I'll be darned if I recall the answer for sure. I have a BX2750D too, but rotate manually.

You could try doing a search of the forum with the function at the top of the screen, because it has come up before.

Try searching BX2750D, or maybe hydraulic chute control.

My apologies for not helping further. Maybe one of the folks with the same chute control can answer better.

Last edited:

Irelandj

Equipment
Bx25d, bx2750d
Nov 8, 2019
Alban, ontario
Hi RCW. My first post on Orange, thanks for the quick response. I tried manipulating the FEL stick but only briefly. My initial thought was a bad valve on the FEL? Trying to exhaust all options before calling the Kubota lads. I'll spend a bit more time tomorrow trying to find the sweet spot. Worst case, it will take an hour to install the manual crank until a solution is found. SNOW COMING HERE TOMORROW.

Cfrazer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2670-1,FEL, BX5450, BBox, GS1548, RB1560, QH05, AI2 Forks, SS Curtis Cab
Jan 22, 2018
North Rose, NY, USA
RCW is correct, right/dump circuit - stick to the left chute rotates left, stick all the way to the right chute will rotate right, the right side has a detent that you have to push past, you'll feel it.

kevinj

Equipment
L3940hstc - B7500hst - BX1860 - Farmall 560D - Farmall M
Jun 4, 2018
Michigan
RCW is correct, right/dump circuit - stick to the left chute rotates left, stick all the way to the right chute will rotate right, the right side has a detent that you have to push past, you'll feel it.
YUP, and it is a long way to the right.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
seems like it was something with the right/fast dump detent on the stick....but I'm just guessing.
YUP, and it is a long way to the right.
Thanks guys! :cool:

I'm not as dumb as my wife says I am!!:D:D

Thanks again, and welcome to OTT, Ireland!:)

Last edited:

Irelandj

Equipment
Bx25d, bx2750d
Nov 8, 2019
Alban, ontario
Thanks guys! :cool:

I'm not as dumb as my wife says I am!!:D:D

Thanks again, and welcome to OTT, Ireland!:)
Works like a charm, folks. Thank you all so much, the forum is my new favorite place!
The detent feels like the float detent so I felt it right away. 7 years and I never knew about the quick dump feature.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Works like a charm, folks. Thank you all so much, the forum is my new favorite place!
The detent feels like the float detent so I felt it right away. 7 years and I never knew about the quick dump feature.
Beautiful! :cool:

Thank Frazer and Kevin...I was just fumbling through the cobwebs of my memory!

Again, welcome aboard!

If OTT is your new favorite, for a few $$ you can become a Lifetime Member like me and many others. It limits the ads you see, and you will get a sticker....someday...(The sticker is kind of a joke. They were promised but not delivered. Personally, I could care less; I like this forum very much. I have learned a lot from it, and enjoy helping others when I can. In your case, the others guys were the real help!:))

Last edited:

Cfrazer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2670-1,FEL, BX5450, BBox, GS1548, RB1560, QH05, AI2 Forks, SS Curtis Cab
Jan 22, 2018
North Rose, NY, USA
Beautiful! :cool:

Thank Frazer and Kevin...I was just fumbling through the cobwebs of my memory!

Again, welcome aboard!

If OTT is your new favorite, for a few $$ you can become a Lifetime Member like me and many others. It limits the ads you see, and you will get a sticker....someday...(The sticker is kind of a joke. They were promised but not delivered. Personally, I could care less; I like this forum very much. I have learned a lot from it, and enjoy helping others when I can. In your case, the others guys were the real help!:))

With everything I have learned from this forum, I’m glad I finally could contribute. Yay !!!!!! I’ll have to look into the lifetime membership as well seeing there’s no way I’m ever getting rid of my Kubota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
With everything I have learned from this forum, I***8217;m glad I finally could contribute. Yay !!!!!! I***8217;ll have to look into the lifetime membership as well seeing there***8217;s no way I***8217;m ever getting rid of my Kubota.
I'm glad for you - - great job! :)

As far as the Lifetime Membership, the real benefits are not the reduced ads or the stickers.

The real benefit of Lifetime Membership is it helps the owners of OTT to continue this great forum! :cool:

Last edited:

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
Dealers aren’t doing a very good job of educating new owners on features of their tractors,

It’s quite common folks don’t know about the float position, fast dump vs regular dump, diff lock, mower height adjustment, 3pt speed valve, MMM mount/unmount..it’s a shame, all these things make the tractor more useful.

They sometimes leave out really important info ballast and 4wd operation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk