Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Tractor Operating

Tractor Operating Wondering what that strange lever does, how to safely hill climb or get into 4WD? Discover and share how to get the most out of your tractor.

Old 12-03-2009   #1
tyrepros
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L175, Woods mower, Aerator, rake, kids rides
Unhappy L175 trans rebuild

Group,

Been using my L175 for years with a grinding pilot and or throwout bearing, Little reverse gear left and fear that it would all someday come to a screeching halt. It has not but I have amassed the parts I feel I need to rebuild the tranny including Main and reverse shafts, reverse gear, bearings, seals and a complete clutch setup.

Was thinking about sending the hard parts out to be Cryo-treated, but have been more concerened with making time and patience to split this unit both front and rear, lay it on a table and disect and rebuild it after a good cleaning.

Anyone have any pointers in doing so, any shortcuts or time savers in either the breakdown or rebuild, tooling or upgrading while in there...

Thanks,

Joe-NJ
tyrepros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2009   #2
Ob1kubota
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M9540DT
Default Re: L175 trans rebuild

tyre welcome and I was hoping one of these L175 owners would pipe up with a cookbook recipe but if you have the WSM and a good level concrete floor with jacks and jackstands with handtools you can do it. .

Now what is this process " Cryo-treated " ?
Ob1kubota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #3
tyrepros
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L175, Woods mower, Aerator, rake, kids rides
Default Re: L175 trans rebuild

Jedi,

The cryo treatment is used alot in Racing and auto/metalurgy applications to releive tension and strengthen the metal. One probably helpful in crashboxes where the gears and shafts get beat up. Also used in brake rotors and engine parts and rear parts by those who drive around a track for a living. They heat up or cool down the metal to wicked extremes and it affects the grain or makeup of the metal "stuff"

Regards,

Joe
tyrepros is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
l175, reverse, trans