BX25 FEL loss of power...

gottaride68

Equipment
BW 25D, w/FEL, MMM, BH, and her name is CLementine
Aug 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Hello All, I have the BX 25, and I think the FEL has a loss of power. It still functions, but it feels weak.
I live in a remote city, northern Alberta, and I am 4 hours from my tractor dealer. There are a lot of HD mechanics up here though. Is there something I can do, troubleshoot? I will look on it this evening what hours are on it.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Do both the lift and curl functions of the FEL seem weak?

Is the backhoe weak, too?

First thing I would try is disconnecting/reconnectiing all 4 of the quick couplers to the loader, to make sure everything is seated properly.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Check fluid level, when was the last maintenance done? Change hydro filter, like RCW said check the fittings. Check all the simple stuff first, thats where you will find most of the problems

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
Check the quick disconnects...if something blew in one of the cylinders stuff often gets stuck. IMG_20160722_114413723.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

gottaride68

Equipment
BW 25D, w/FEL, MMM, BH, and her name is CLementine
Aug 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Thanks for you inputs, I will bring Clementine in from the cold :D, letter warm up, and I'll check through with these tips...

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Invest about $30 for a pressure gauge and quick coupler fitting at hydraulics place.

If it will be more convenient to read the gauge, have a length of hydraulic hose between the gauge and quick coupler.

Remove a quick connect and plug in test gauge. Run at max rpm and send flow to gauge. Read gauge then stop flow to gauge.

You cannot trouble shoot without real numbers, i.e. psi

Do some research and find relief valve setting(s).

I suspect less than 2,000 psi but again check.

You also need to figure out hydraulic flow. Do you have power steering?
If yes does it have its own pump and reservoir or is it supplied by main pump and a priority valve?

Where does the 3 pt get its oil supply? From a power beyond port on FEL valve block?

These systems are more complicated than many people realize.
Study this hydraulic circuit diagram and you will see what i mean.

Don't go changing hoses and relief settings without a clear understanding and some coaching, Breaking very expensive parts happens in a instant and with no warning.

Dave