FEL 3rd function, top n tilt

st8yd

Equipment
2003 L3130 HST, LA513, Pats easy hitch
Dec 11, 2017
central FL
Ya, I just came across your set up the night before last, looks nice.
But the 3130 has a floor board for lack of a better word, from the back of the seat/toolbox all the way down to your feet, so it's not open like yours.
I started to and really wanted to do it under the floor board and have it come out in the factory location. But I decided that was probably going to be at least twice the labor and I HATE working where I can't get my hands or have to spend as much time taking something apart to get to what you have to work on. So I resigned to do it on top as it will be much more serviceable.
Thanks

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
But the 3130 has a floor board for lack of a better word, from the back of the seat/toolbox all the way down to your feet, so it's not open like yours.
I started to and really wanted to do it under the floor board and have it come out in the factory location. But I decided that was probably going to be at least twice the labor and I HATE working where I can't get my hands or have to spend as much time taking something apart to get to what you have to work on. So I resigned to do it on top as it will be much more serviceable.
Thanks
Thanks
Yes the Grand L's are very different and I like the way Kubota did the factory remotes on them.

Not so much on the L01's. The factory valves on them are nicely integrated but the outlets are a low end afterthought. In hindsight might have been easier to just buy the factory kits and replace the chintzy outlets with something more to my liking. Still would be stuck with that Landpride third function wart on the side of the loader.

May wind up going back to that if the third party valves don't work out to my satisfaction. Good luck with your project and please share your results.

Dan

st8yd

Equipment
Dec 11, 2017
central FL
Ya, I preferred Brian's recommendation of running the 3rd function off the rear remote, although more hose, it will be a much cleaner install and more useable as an auxilary for an implement.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Ya, I preferred Brian's recommendation of running the 3rd function off the rear remote, although more hose, it will be a much cleaner install and more useable as an auxilary for an implement.
I agree - those Landpride third function kits are another afterthought. I have been contemplating a couple sections of steel line coming forward from the rear and a couple more along the loader boom to cut down on the hose clutter. Thats cheap and easy to make.

You would also think Kubota could at least come up with a nicer joystick handle of their own. What are you going to use? I was going to try and build my own - the Landpride and others are all pretty pricey considering they are nothing more than a molded plastic case and a couple $5 push buttons.

Dan

st8yd

Equipment
Dec 11, 2017
central FL
I checked with kubota as I liked it the best and theirs was $400 something so that was a no go. They only one they had available was the landpride dome looking one with the buttons on the side that look like they would to easily be activated accidentally.
joystic handle funkcinis145282584.jpg

st8yd

Equipment
Dec 11, 2017
central FL
So I settled with the one from WR Long and I bought it from Everything attachments, I had to call them though because it is not listed by itself. It was a hundred and change for just the handle and switch, no wire.
For my loader joystick i didn't care for the style Brian has and I figured by the time I got done trying fabricate something it would just be easier to buy it.
joystick everything attachments TRA-3RD-FUNCL-3.jpg

st8yd

Equipment
Dec 11, 2017
central FL
Hoses for the top and side link cylinders, since these are restricted anyway is there any reason to not use 1/4 hoses?
or an advantage to larger hoses?
Not really concerned about price, just thinking the smaller will be more flexible for routing.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hoses for the top and side link cylinders, since these are restricted anyway is there any reason to not use 1/4 hoses?
or an advantage to larger hoses?
Not really concerned about price, just thinking the smaller will be more flexible for routing.
You likely wont see any difference on a TNT.

Dan