BX Rear Remote and Hoses for Grapple

bluedunn

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, MMM, Heavy Hitch Back Plow Blade
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
Hi-

I have two rear remotes on my BX. One of these I’d like to use for a hydraulic top-link. The other I’d like to use to power a grapple (specifically, a Land Pride SC0548). How long should my hoses be and what type? Is there a specific diameter I should use? Is there a pressure rating that I’ll need? I’m thinking I’ll want some quick disconnects somewhere along the hoses so I can remove the loader without needing to undo the entire setup?

Also, I do realize a 3rd function would be more convenient, but isn’t in the budget.

Thanks for any help!

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22302

Looks like it's just under 2k. I would use 2500psi or higher hose. Tape measures aren't very flexible, do you have an old garden hose you can cut end off? If so figure out your routing plan, use cable ties, ect. mark hose (tape or marker) remove hose and get rough measurements.

You can buy off the shelf parts or a place like NAPA may be able to make custom hoses.

bluedunn

Equipment
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22302

Looks like it's just under 2k. I would use 2500psi or higher hose. Tape measures aren't very flexible, do you have an old garden hose you can cut end off? If so figure out your routing plan, use cable ties, ect. mark hose (tape or marker) remove hose and get rough measurements.

You can buy off the shelf parts or a place like NAPA may be able to make custom hoses.
Great, thanks for the info! Are there different diameters that can be used? I’ve been reading that 1/4” should be good for this.

Nice idea with the garden hose!

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
I’ve been reading that 1/4” should be good for this.
In my limited expertise, off the shelf parts, smaller hoses tend to have higher psi ratings. (larger hoses with higher psi's can be ordered) I use the coupelers and fittings (45, 90, swivel, ect) to determine hose size and verify it exceeds the psi of my tractor by a reasonable safety margin. Adapters add cost and potential leak points.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I was at a Polaris dealer the other day. He also sells..I think its Mahindra.
I walked around looking at the tractor attachments. He had a cool rear grapple. I think it was made by Wallenstein. I don't have a need for it. But would love to have it anyway.
I see your in Thetford Vt Bluedunn. Did you ever know Wes Clay who lived there ? He passed away a couple years ago.

bluedunn

Equipment
Aug 29, 2019
Thetford, VT
I was at a Polaris dealer the other day. He also sells..I think its Mahindra.
I walked around looking at the tractor attachments. He had a cool rear grapple. I think it was made by Wallenstein. I don't have a need for it. But would love to have it anyway.
I see your in Thetford Vt Bluedunn. Did you ever know Wes Clay who lived there ? He passed away a couple years ago.
Oh no, I don’t think I knew him. We moved here only two years ago. I see your from ME. I was born and raised in and around Brewer.