EA Wicked Grapple for the MX5800

hdcowboy

Equipment
Kubota MX5800 / Kubota L4400 (Sold)
Feb 13, 2015
Villa Ridge, MO
Finally had a moment to post pics from a couple weeks ago. Got the 72" Wicked Grapple installed and put it to use on clearing some root balls and trees.

I'm going to build a 55 gallon barrel ballast, but until it's done, we made a temporary one using our box blade with a little help from an oak tree. :)

My wife said: "This thing is a game changer for clearing this brush..." I couldn't agree more.

DocGP

Sep 17, 2014
SE TX
Hey cowboy,

How about a quick review of the grapple? Build quality, hook up and disconnect easy? Did they ship it free like they advertise? What about your experience with EA in general? Been looking at one of those, and wondering about dealing with them. Have heard some good and some not so great but you read anything on the net.

Doc

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
I see your wife is have all the fun, I mean doing all the work. My 50" wicked grapple arrives tomorrow.

manike

Equipment
M6060HD, LA1154, M7991
Jun 10, 2015
Sewell
hey cowboy, Im looking at the same grapple but I was kicking around going with the 66 instead of the 72, are you happy with the 72?
I have a 72" grapple on my M6060HD, the grapple is very close to the same width as the tractor which I really like when cleaning up the woods and driving through them as it means if the grapple fits between the trees then so can the tractor. Sometimes I forget when using my 84" box grader on the back and have to pay way more attention when I have that mounted.

premierjax

Equipment
MX5100
Jun 28, 2015
Middleburg, Florida
I have a 72" grapple on my M6060HD, the grapple is very close to the same width as the tractor which I really like when cleaning up the woods and driving through them as it means if the grapple fits between the trees then so can the tractor. Sometimes I forget when using my 84" box grader on the back and have to pay way more attention when I have that mounted.
Thats what I like about my 72" bucket, but I was wondering if swinging a grapple around between trees and the like if it wouldnt be better to having a little smaller grapple as to have more swing room