Talk Sense to Me about Pallet Fork Capacity

gmgmgm

New member

Equipment
B2150 / L1361
Jan 22, 2020
10
8
3
United Kingdom
By the time you've driven back and forth 24 miles a few times (even assuming you can find a trailer), that's a lot of hours. It would seem reasonably good value to hire a telehandler/forklift and "just get it done".

A telehandler would also be really helpful for putting up a pole barn. 7m+ of reach....
 

Pete Puma

Member

Equipment
L245DT
Oct 28, 2025
34
10
8
Eastern Washington
By the time you've driven back and forth 24 miles a few times (even assuming you can find a trailer), that's a lot of hours. It would seem reasonably good value to hire a telehandler/forklift and "just get it done".

A telehandler would also be really helpful for putting up a pole barn. 7m+ of reach....
Yeah, I'm fine renting a telehandler. It was only when I found out that the steel on pallets is the only part of it that absolutely requires forks that I started thinking about my tractor. But that has nothing to do with why I may have to use the alternate delivery location. That's because they aren't sure they can get the trucks into my driveway.
 

Russell King

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
8,025
3,161
113
Austin, Texas
Not sure what the road, ditch, fence arrangement is but you may be able to remove some of the fence and get the trucks into the property. I have had to do that a couple of times but I have fairly flat road/ditch/property. The only worry is if it has been raining and the resulting mud/slick clay dirt.

You may also have a neighbor that would let it be unloaded on their property and then moved, if they have better access and you ask them nicely.

For the trusses you can get them offloaded in the ditch and use your tractor to carry them in one by one unless it is a really steep pitch resulting in a tall truss.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 users