Wooddog63
Member
Equipment
MX 6000- TimberKing 1220,EA root grapple and ripper shank box blade & jib
Four years ago, March 10 I bought a parcel of land that April I had my first knee replaced and by September I had cut a road in stack Logs and peeled until December for my hand scribe Log Cabin. The following year. I had the second knee replaced the entire time working I paid my daughter‘s college and masters off and came 3-5 days a clip to work on my property using truck and block and tackle..always with the dream of this MX in my back of my head. This year finally came to fruition, I sold my house, moved into my tent cabin and purchased the Kabota MX 6000. This machine checked all the boxes for me as I came from a material handling background with my construction experience. I was licensed in heavy forklift, aerial lifts and swing scaffold. I spared no expense as this Kubota is fully loaded with front third function, three remotes in rear,,wheel liquid ballast and weights, and both rims turned out to gain another 3 inch width on each side. So machine went from 72” to 78”. I think this machine is advertised a lot as that farm utility workhorse for lifting bales, grading arenas loader work and mowing, I don’t think it’s looked at enough as a machine that can be used in land clearing and construction use.
My average grade is 6 to 8% slope and with the rear assembly when you hit some of these holes that a tree stump was removed and that got covered with loose fill you feel like you’re at 10 to 12% in a second, take a deep breath and this machine has sat grounded.. You really need to be aware of your environment. When I bought the tractor, I had the land pride forklift and bucket come with it as I needed to unload other attachments that I got from Everything Attachments.-grapple ,box blade with ripper shanks, and recently just received the jib for lifting the higher logs and roof purlins in addition to when I build my post and beam shop.
The machine was delivered to the dealer in 2025 and although I received their cashback programs and a $500 gift for Cabo today to test drive one, this mx has not come without glitches. The dealer has been superbly stand-up as one human error was a seal installed incorrectly or not seated properly in the slot in the top and tilt cylinder= road tech sent out the next morning and fixed-few days later the battery goes dead. I jumpstart it operate the machine next morning they sent out a tech battery was at 90% should’ve been out over 100 and they installed a new and better battery- yesterday when grabbing a white cedar from the neighbors property I had my flashers on as there’s been dump trucks delivering up the road pulled into my driveway. Hit the flashers off. They won’t turn off. Check the fuses check any wiring and one of the emergency lights was not working on the left-call service they’re coming out with some things like new headlight switch on Monday. Plus I’m gonna have them do the 50 hour oil changes while on site.
Being logical, last winter up here in New York State in the Adirondacks, they had a month of single digits and below freezing for a month. This machine has been sitting out in the damp cold and sun and heat for a year and it’s designed to, but I believe sitting machines can become a problem. They are built to work. It’s a basic electronic machine and I believe that we’re going to get these little glitches out because other than that I’ve got nothing bad to say about Kabota, the MX or my dealer. Some people can rant and rave.”I paid good money for this” and ai did hard earned cash no financing but I’ve been in construction 50 years. You get farther with sugar than you do shit .
obviously I’m not going to the employee Christmas party, but I do want to forge a relationship with my dealer and I cannot say enough for Salem Farm supply up here in Adirondacks.
I will say to folks as far as lifting capacity if I need to max this machine out, I got the wrong machine. My Logs being used for log cabin or being lifted going on the mill are going on an average 800 to 1600 pounds. My cabins has unique design and I’m using vertical trees on the one end of the purlins. I was able to get forks underneath a 3000 pound tree base about 14 feet long and push it along the grade back 15 feet.. I’m a list guy and make list on everything for comparison educate, yourself go and physically see these machines. I started out looking at L and with my physical disabilities it’s very hard hopping in and out but the MX and actually the B I believe gave me the most room to get in and out as I work solo. With two titanium knees and twisting, and getting up and down your legs, can feel heavy by days end. When I saw the tractor lineup, I immediately drew to the MX. I am not done with this build either, I have first generation pasture Pine and not to get too technical on that subject, branches and dead trees drop from the sky very easily on a beautiful sunny windless day. I designed and will fabricate over the Winter a FOPs that profiles like the cab model. I will have a mesh top and a mesh hood covering that connects to the grill. I did install 511 design grill guard and highly recommend that..
So if anybody’s there saying it must be nice to have money, I don’t at 63 years old. This is my life dream and I worked hard for it. Many guys have a significant other who needs new living room furniture from the kids jumping up and down or want to take that nice Alaskan cruise -everybody has a priority. Mine just happens to be to spend my daughter’s inheritance,live in a tent cabin with my rescued pup, grab water from a neighbors spring, deal with the bears ,bobcat and those vicious Fishers but at least she’s got everything quality paid for with no owed money.
Get off the couch-get busy living or get busy dying
wooddog63 signing out
if you made it this far, thanks for reading
God bless this crazy kubota family

My average grade is 6 to 8% slope and with the rear assembly when you hit some of these holes that a tree stump was removed and that got covered with loose fill you feel like you’re at 10 to 12% in a second, take a deep breath and this machine has sat grounded.. You really need to be aware of your environment. When I bought the tractor, I had the land pride forklift and bucket come with it as I needed to unload other attachments that I got from Everything Attachments.-grapple ,box blade with ripper shanks, and recently just received the jib for lifting the higher logs and roof purlins in addition to when I build my post and beam shop.
The machine was delivered to the dealer in 2025 and although I received their cashback programs and a $500 gift for Cabo today to test drive one, this mx has not come without glitches. The dealer has been superbly stand-up as one human error was a seal installed incorrectly or not seated properly in the slot in the top and tilt cylinder= road tech sent out the next morning and fixed-few days later the battery goes dead. I jumpstart it operate the machine next morning they sent out a tech battery was at 90% should’ve been out over 100 and they installed a new and better battery- yesterday when grabbing a white cedar from the neighbors property I had my flashers on as there’s been dump trucks delivering up the road pulled into my driveway. Hit the flashers off. They won’t turn off. Check the fuses check any wiring and one of the emergency lights was not working on the left-call service they’re coming out with some things like new headlight switch on Monday. Plus I’m gonna have them do the 50 hour oil changes while on site.
Being logical, last winter up here in New York State in the Adirondacks, they had a month of single digits and below freezing for a month. This machine has been sitting out in the damp cold and sun and heat for a year and it’s designed to, but I believe sitting machines can become a problem. They are built to work. It’s a basic electronic machine and I believe that we’re going to get these little glitches out because other than that I’ve got nothing bad to say about Kabota, the MX or my dealer. Some people can rant and rave.”I paid good money for this” and ai did hard earned cash no financing but I’ve been in construction 50 years. You get farther with sugar than you do shit .
obviously I’m not going to the employee Christmas party, but I do want to forge a relationship with my dealer and I cannot say enough for Salem Farm supply up here in Adirondacks.
I will say to folks as far as lifting capacity if I need to max this machine out, I got the wrong machine. My Logs being used for log cabin or being lifted going on the mill are going on an average 800 to 1600 pounds. My cabins has unique design and I’m using vertical trees on the one end of the purlins. I was able to get forks underneath a 3000 pound tree base about 14 feet long and push it along the grade back 15 feet.. I’m a list guy and make list on everything for comparison educate, yourself go and physically see these machines. I started out looking at L and with my physical disabilities it’s very hard hopping in and out but the MX and actually the B I believe gave me the most room to get in and out as I work solo. With two titanium knees and twisting, and getting up and down your legs, can feel heavy by days end. When I saw the tractor lineup, I immediately drew to the MX. I am not done with this build either, I have first generation pasture Pine and not to get too technical on that subject, branches and dead trees drop from the sky very easily on a beautiful sunny windless day. I designed and will fabricate over the Winter a FOPs that profiles like the cab model. I will have a mesh top and a mesh hood covering that connects to the grill. I did install 511 design grill guard and highly recommend that..
So if anybody’s there saying it must be nice to have money, I don’t at 63 years old. This is my life dream and I worked hard for it. Many guys have a significant other who needs new living room furniture from the kids jumping up and down or want to take that nice Alaskan cruise -everybody has a priority. Mine just happens to be to spend my daughter’s inheritance,live in a tent cabin with my rescued pup, grab water from a neighbors spring, deal with the bears ,bobcat and those vicious Fishers but at least she’s got everything quality paid for with no owed money.
Get off the couch-get busy living or get busy dying
wooddog63 signing out
if you made it this far, thanks for reading
God bless this crazy kubota family
