Controlling Rear Remotes from Loader Joystick - LX2610 Cab tractor

JonathanMatheson

New member

Equipment
Kubota LX2610HDCC, offset flail mower, rototiller, FEL Post hole digger, box bla
Sep 28, 2026
4
1
3
PE
Hey folks,

I was laying in bed one night unable to sleep and got thinking about my tractor. I have a Kubota LX2610 with a cab, FEL and some other attachments I use through out the year. In the winter time I primarily just clear snow for myself, my family and a few other random properties around my area. I love the tractor, especially once I compared it to my BX I had before that (which I also loved). Over the last 2 or 3 months I've found myself in need of wanting a 3rd remote on the back of my tractor, mainly since I got a steal of a deal on a hydraulic top link. I don't want to keep taking the hydraulic top link on and off when I need use of two hydraulic remotes for my offset flail mower or my snow blower.

So I started looking into a hydraulic multiplier which paying for one from a place like Summit hydraulics isn't in the budget for me right now, so I thought about building something for myself and maybe get it done for half the price. Then it got me thinking about being able to control my rear remotes from loader joystick. So here is my thoughts and I'm curious if anyone else has done this yet.

I have a Kubota B7369 3rd function on the tractor already, I'm thinking about replacing the joy stick for a 5 button set up 4 thumb buttons and a trigger. Two buttons would continue to power my 3rd function, and the other two buttons would be used to control one of my rear remotes through a 12v hydraulic directional control valve solenoid hooked to a 6 port directional control valve. Then that way i can rotate or tilt my blower chute without having to take my hand off the loader joystick, and I could still leave my hydraulic top link hooked up to the other rear remote as opposed to unhooking it.

Has anyone seen a thread about this sort of set up, or even better a video on Youtube or something like that? I realize I could run a line to my 3rd function to run one my blower functions, but I want to be able to use my grapple in the summertime and still be able to control my offset flail mower, which I would then install some inline restrictor valves on.

I appreciate any advice or feed back
 

MtnViewRanch

Well-known member
Oct 10, 2012
917
381
63
Lakeside Ca.
I am curious as to where you will be getting the 5 switch control grip at a reasonable cost. :unsure:
Or maybe I should ask, what is a reasonable cost to you?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

JonathanMatheson

New member

Equipment
Kubota LX2610HDCC, offset flail mower, rototiller, FEL Post hole digger, box bla
Sep 28, 2026
4
1
3
PE
I am curious as to where you will be getting the 5 switch control grip at a reasonable cost. :unsure:
Or maybe I should ask, what is a reasonable cost to you?
Lol Ideally I was thinking amazon and maybe somehow make a excavator joystick or something work, I've seen some for $100, I've also bought stuff from Alibaba before with great success. But honsestly not sure how easy it would be to make them work. What really got me thinking about doing this was seeing the new Kubota L6070 multifunction joy stick.
 

TheOldHokie

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
12,959
7,345
113
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hey folks,

I was laying in bed one night unable to sleep and got thinking about my tractor. I have a Kubota LX2610 with a cab, FEL and some other attachments I use through out the year. In the winter time I primarily just clear snow for myself, my family and a few other random properties around my area. I love the tractor, especially once I compared it to my BX I had before that (which I also loved). Over the last 2 or 3 months I've found myself in need of wanting a 3rd remote on the back of my tractor, mainly since I got a steal of a deal on a hydraulic top link. I don't want to keep taking the hydraulic top link on and off when I need use of two hydraulic remotes for my offset flail mower or my snow blower.

So I started looking into a hydraulic multiplier which paying for one from a place like Summit hydraulics isn't in the budget for me right now, so I thought about building something for myself and maybe get it done for half the price. Then it got me thinking about being able to control my rear remotes from loader joystick. So here is my thoughts and I'm curious if anyone else has done this yet.

I have a Kubota B7369 3rd function on the tractor already, I'm thinking about replacing the joy stick for a 5 button set up 4 thumb buttons and a trigger. Two buttons would continue to power my 3rd function, and the other two buttons would be used to control one of my rear remotes through a 12v hydraulic directional control valve solenoid hooked to a 6 port directional control valve. Then that way i can rotate or tilt my blower chute without having to take my hand off the loader joystick, and I could still leave my hydraulic top link hooked up to the other rear remote as opposed to unhooking it.

Has anyone seen a thread about this sort of set up, or even better a video on Youtube or something like that? I realize I could run a line to my 3rd function to run one my blower functions, but I want to be able to use my grapple in the summertime and still be able to control my offset flail mower, which I would then install some inline restrictor valves on.

I appreciate any advice or feed back
Putting a multi-function grip on the loader joystick is easily doable but it wont be cheap by the time you add all the additional hydraulics. I dont understand how you are going to use one directional valve to control six additional directional control valves. Perhaps you have your terminology a bit mixed up??

Dan
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L5460, X1100C RTV
Jun 17, 2020
1,749
4,632
113
PEI Canada
Welcome to OTT Jonathan.

Check out @McMXi posts with the Scorpion stick.
 

JonathanMatheson

New member

Equipment
Kubota LX2610HDCC, offset flail mower, rototiller, FEL Post hole digger, box bla
Sep 28, 2026
4
1
3
PE
Putting a multi-function grip on the loader joystick is easily doable but it wont be cheap by the time you add all the additional hydraulics. I dont understand how you are going to use one directional valve to control six additional directional control valves. Perhaps you have your terminology a bit mixed up??

Dan
That could very well be the case. I'm not super mechanically inclined so I'm learning on the fly and trying to research as much as I can before doing anything. But essentially my thought was having a 6 port control valve, with two lines hooking into my existing second remote and that would the feed the 4 ports that would act as two more remotes. And using the trigger on the joystick i could pick between the two other "remote" functions on the back to control my chute rotation, or chute tilt. If that makes sense?
 

TheOldHokie

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
12,959
7,345
113
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
That could very well be the case. I'm not super mechanically inclined so I'm learning on the fly and trying to research as much as I can before doing anything. But essentially my thought was having a 6 port control valve, with two lines hooking into my existing second remote and that would the feed the 4 ports that would act as two more remotes. And using the trigger on the joystick i could pick between the two other "remote" functions on the back to control my chute rotation, or chute tilt. If that makes sense?
It does not work that way. The way to do that is to put a 4 way multiplier on the rear with a switch box up front that lets you select which multiplier you want to use. You must remove your hand from the joystick to operate the switch box. Then your joystick and directional control valve operates the circuit(s) you have selected.


If you want to do everything with the joystick you need 2 buttons for each remote valve - e.g. 8 buttons and four rear remote directional control valves.

Dan
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user