Charging

skipper1

New member

Equipment
Front loader and back hoe
Sep 27, 2026
3
0
1
Ireland
I have only recently Purchased a b7200 hst 4wd. The charging light started glowing after 2 days so I charged it. Then went the same again 2 days later So I bought a new battery 2 days later it started glowing again. I found a bad connection at battery terminal and cleaned it. Checked with multimeter and it was pushing 13.85v. today I hooked up the headlights through loom and original switch. I went to start it and glow plug indicator didn't get warm and she wouldn't start. Any idea what's wrong please
 

Russell King

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
7,999
3,143
113
Austin, Texas
Sounds like you have a problem with the charging and/or wiring. Was the battery dead when it wouldn’t crank?

I would disconnect the headlight wiring at the switch and see if that helps the battery stay charged. I guess you could also just disconnect the negative battery cable to see if that helps first then try to narrow it down. They also make disconnect devices for the battery if you wanted to install that for testing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

skipper1

New member

Equipment
Front loader and back hoe
Sep 27, 2026
3
0
1
Ireland
Sounds like you have a problem with the charging and/or wiring. Was the battery dead when it wouldn’t crank?

I would disconnect the headlight wiring at the switch and see if that helps the battery stay charged. I guess you could also just disconnect the negative battery cable to see if that helps first then try to narrow it down. They also make disconnect devices for the battery if you wanted to install that for testing.
The battery was good. I will disconnect the lights tomorrow
 

skipper1

New member

Equipment
Front loader and back hoe
Sep 27, 2026
3
0
1
Ireland
The battery was good. I will disconnect the lights tomorrow
Thanks
Sounds like you have a problem with the charging and/or wiring. Was the battery dead when it wouldn’t crank?

I would disconnect the headlight wiring at the switch and see if that helps the battery stay charged. I guess you could also just disconnect the negative battery cable to see if that helps first then try to narrow it down. They also make disconnect devices for the battery if you wanted to install that for testing.
Thanks bud. I.ll do that tomorrow