Pinion Shaft Removal RCK60-29B mower

Geech

New member

Equipment
B2620 with RCK60-29B mower
Sep 26, 2026
2
1
1
PA
I'm attempting to replace the bearings in the k5781-33102 gearbox on my RCK60-29B mower and I'm struggling with how to remove the input pinion shaft (#180) from the bevel gear (#190). Can someone provide some guidance on the right way to extract these parts so I can get to the blind bearing on the other end of it? Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2026-09-26 100432.png
 

Attachments

whitetiger

Moderator
Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
3,781
2,184
113
Kansas City, KS
With the input shaft seal and bearing retaining snap ring removed, the shaft can be driven out of the gear case using a shoulder near the center of the input shaft. The input shaft is turned down where it sits over the output shaft and gear, creating the shoulder.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Geech

New member

Equipment
B2620 with RCK60-29B mower
Sep 26, 2026
2
1
1
PA
Thank you, that got the job done!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user