Hydraulic augers

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Anyone using hydraulic augers?
SSQA or backhoe? Best brands or brand to avoid?
Tree planning attachment for stump removal? (Danuser)
Like to retire the 3pt pto post hole digger and upgrade to hydraulic. Occasionally large stump removal a real plus.
16gpm hydraulic flow front 3rd function and backhoe thumb.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
following this ^

I've been looking for a low flow SA20 Landpride

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I have been using a Lowe 1650E. The min gpm is 14 on the auger & I have 9 gpm on my L4701. It had been working great. It is a borrowed unit. I had nothing to lose if it didn’t work.
533A7FB5-30AE-45EF-BB7C-AA9B4CAB6E6F.jpeg

C3464090-95CB-45AB-853B-4EDDBB49AABD.jpeg

9243328B-FCA5-4D3B-8228-FB040FA19C23.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Have the medium flow SA20, bought from Kubota dealer that also sells construction equipment (stocks such toys).
slower than 3pt auger, way faster than hand digging them.

Drilled about 2 dozen holes, don't use down pressure, it lifts the front axle and tractor will pivot right or left. Takes time to reposition auger to finish hole. When I hit a tree root the tractor rocks back & forth. Pop FEL out of float until rocking stops, then slowly lower auger. I would auger up to the gearbox the use a garden hoe to pull soil away from hole before removing auger. Auger is loaded with soil and doesn't spin fast enough to fling it off like a 3pt unit, falls off wen horizontal.

20220610_145231.jpg

found a tree plane for my stump removal needs

after buying the sa20 had some problems reconnecting auger & storing it

Reactions: 1 user

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I have seen a Lowe in use and it looked nice, so I checked out their website. Found it is made in the USA and even more surprising about 20 miles from my house.

Popgadget

Equipment
L6060
Mar 11, 2020
PA
Ive got a Digga 1DSS rated for 6-16GPM. I’ve got it on the LA1055 loader on an L6060 and plumbed into a factory third function.
it exceeds my expectations and is much better than the 3Point unit that it replaced. I strongly suggest getting a mount that lets you position it offset to either side, as it is impossible to see the auger from the operators seat when it is centered. There is a bit of a learning curve using down-pressure, if you are too enthusiastic and pick the front of the tractor up, the auger will go crooked. But you can definitely add significant pressure before lifting the tractor wit a bit of finesse.
I bought it from Everything Attachments along with their RC-4 rock and shale augers.

Smokeydog

Equipment
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Have the medium flow SA20, bought from Kubota dealer that also sells construction equipment (stocks such toys).
slower than 3pt auger, way faster than hand digging them.

Drilled about 2 dozen holes, don't use down pressure, it lifts the front axle and tractor will pivot right or left. Takes time to reposition auger to finish hole. When I hit a tree root the tractor rocks back & forth. Pop FEL out of float until rocking stops, then slowly lower auger. I would auger up to the gearbox the use a garden hoe to pull soil away from hole before removing auger. Auger is loaded with soil and doesn't spin fast enough to fling it off like a 3pt unit, falls off wen horizontal.

View attachment 99680
found a tree plane for my stump removal needs

after buying the sa20 had some problems reconnecting auger & storing it
How does the stump planer fair against an occasional rock?

Smokeydog

Equipment
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
I think you should buy one for your M59 BH. Post pictures and tell us if you like it! 😊
Information gathering for that very thing. Have put in miles of fence with the 3pt auger. Don’t have the livestock anymore but have lots of trees to deal with. Some trees 4’ + diameter at ground level.

Bdubz

Equipment
LX2610, 60"MMM, FEL, Grapple, Box Blade, Tiller, Moldboard Plow, 5' Snow Plow
May 18, 2022
Western New York
haven't hit one yet, blades can be sharpened/replaced
Hi, Are you running a stump planer on the sa20 and a BX? Planer Diameter? Rpm? It has enough torque?

I'm curious as I have a low flow (no name) auger on my LX2610 and am wondering if a 10" planer would be effective for homeowner/occasional usage.

Any specifics would be helpful and appreciated!

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Using B2650, predecessor to the LX2610. Thought a stump planner would make LP SA20 more useful. Low flow pump powering med flow motor, runs slower, more torque???

20220610_145231.jpg

Pay attention to cutting sequence, ok for home owner use, not the best for commercial work

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Anyone using hydraulic augers?
SSQA or backhoe? Best brands or brand to avoid?
Tree planning attachment for stump removal? (Danuser)
Like to retire the 3pt pto post hole digger and upgrade to hydraulic. Occasionally large stump removal a real plus.
16gpm hydraulic flow front 3rd function and backhoe thumb.
I've only used a 3pt. IMO it's potentially dangerous if/when a ground assistant is needed. If I were getting a hydraulic one for drilling post holes, it would be on the front. I originally thought one on the BH would be the way to go. But folks on this forum mentioned having to move the tractor for each hole would be a PITA (good point).

I'm interested to learn a stump plane works with a smaller tractor. You could probably adapt an SSQA model to the BH for stump planing if that would be advantageous.