BXpanded under armor plate installation issue?

Phishfindr

Equipment
BX2380
Feb 8, 2024
New England
I have a new BX2380 and bought the BXpanded armor plate for it. There is a small metal guard under the plastic HST fan that I’m not sure whether to remove or not. The instructions don’t mention it. When slowly raising the armor plate it looked like it wasn’t going to clear the bolts for the factory guard, so I stopped installing it and removed it until I know which way to go.

Has anyone had issues with this guard while installing the armor plate?

Attachments

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
Mine went on without removing anything (other than the mid-mount mower), also on a BX2380. The only issue I had was getting it to come back down in the spring, when it's time for the mower to go back on, as the armor plate doesn't weigh enough to lower without some assistance (pulling/pushing down manually).

Phishfindr

Equipment
BX2380
Feb 8, 2024
New England
Mine went on without removing anything (other than the mid-mount mower), also on a BX2380. The only issue I had was getting it to come back down in the spring, when it's time for the mower to go back on, as the armor plate doesn't weigh enough to lower without some assistance (pulling/pushing down manually).
Thanks for the quick reply. I was hesitant to raise it completely figuring it might bind or pinch and be a royal pain to remove.