GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Like everyone here I hope that not a single person loses their money and EA and it’s employees and creditors emerge unscathed from this. .

EA may well have a plan in place to honor every one of its obligations and this whole crisis may be nothing more than an internet rumor.

The thing I do not understand is why EA's lawyers do not craft a public statement with a update to quell the rumors and bring light to the issue. EA's owners and management must know that this thing is blowing up the tractor forums, and by their silence it makes it seem as if they are running and hiding.

If it is true they are closing up shop etc, man up and face this thing head on, if not true, give an honest update of the situation and in the words of Aaron Rodgers, R E L A X. , ( I know , its a Wisconsin , Green Bay football thing, lol ).
"Anything that you say, may be used against you in a court of law".
For me: That is why there are crickets from EA, and/or their attorneys.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I don't have dog in this fight, and I remember paying Homestead about 10 weeks in advance for my box blade, so I am guilty of "enabling" the "pre-pay" sinners.

The only advice I have, is for people that used a credit card; If you are approaching the 90 day mark you best dispute that charge ASAP.

Last year I tried to dispute a charge at 95 days and the CC company told me exactly where to stick my dispute.

They claimed that there is some actual "Law" that prevents them from opening disputes past the 90 day mark.

I have no idea if that's true or not, and since it was only 50 bucks I just ate it and moved on.
90 days.......The EXACT point made in my post #128!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: I’m wondering if someone else can copy the wicked grapples?

yes, there's dozens of 'grapples' for sale......he wasn't the first..won't be the last

as for the 'patent pending', so far Google can't find anything.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
The issue is really simple....
When you pay in full, in advance, you takes yo chances, that the manufacturer will actually deliver the product.
As a customer, you know nothing about manufacturer liabilities, but until delivery, you ARE exposed to the consequences of those liabilities!
I understand that and agree with you that the customer assumes most if not all of the risk with the pay up front policy. However, I don't see the connection between that policy and the current situation that EA is in. As I said, from the customer's perspective it's all about the pay up front policy and I'm very sympathetic to anyone who finds themselves in that situation.

This whole thing is awful for a lot of people, but I'm hopeful that in time it'll all get sorted out even if that means EA going out of business and selling assets off to return money to anyone who has paid up front. I don't want EA to go away because they make really good products, but their fiduciary responsibility to any injured parties must take precedence.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Vince1230

Equipment
Bx2370
May 13, 2022
Honey Grove,Pa
I filed a dispute and received a credit. I did contact the Charlotte NC tv station 9. They have an investigative segment to help others. They did reach out to me to see if i would speak to this. I did not lose any money but if some did please PM me so i can share the email address. May help recoup your funds.

Last edited:

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
"Anything that you say, may be used against you in a court of law".
For me: That is why there are crickets from EA, and/or their attorneys.
I do not buy it that EA's Lawyers can not make a statement that would increase EA's risk of unfavorable , to them, legal consequences.

This whole thing reminds me a bit about what happened to Vans Aircraft. One of the most popular kit builders of experimental aircraft in the world, selling thousands of RV kits world wide.

Vans Aircraft takes large deposits (minimum 35% ) for their kits with many many months of lead times. Many of the RV kit builders will buy sections of the airplane to build as they go. I will not go into detail as what caused financial troubles for Vans but I surmise from reading it had to do with expansion, and also laser cutting of parts from a vendor that seemed to have quality issues and cracking around dimpled holes.

Very recently Vans announced, on YouTube , that they were filling Chapter 11 bankruptcy which gives them protection while they reorganize. The founder of Vans sat down and gave a lengthy explanation as to their financial condition and steps moving forward. It is obvious he is reading from a teleprompter which leads me to believe the statement was very well thought out and passed scrutiny of their lawyers.

My main point is that Vans got ahead of the problem , was forthright about the financial condition of the company and how it will affect the folks that had sent money to Vans waiting on parts to start or finish their airplanes.

This update from Vans might be a good template for EA to follow and reassure its customers base ;)

vans-aircraft-business-update-january-20-2024

Last edited:

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
The issue is really simple....
When you pay in full, in advance, you takes yo chances, that the manufacturer will actually deliver the product.
As a customer, you know nothing about manufacturer liabilities, but until delivery, you ARE exposed to the consequences of those liabilities!
Darn good thing then old Ted himself didn’t pay his contractor all his money upfront🥴

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
re: I’m wondering if someone else can copy the wicked grapples?

yes, there's dozens of 'grapples' for sale......he wasn't the first..won't be the last

as for the 'patent pending', so far Google can't find anything.
Google does not have answers for EVERYTHING!

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I do not buy it that EA's Lawyers can not make a statement that would increase EA's risk of unfavorable , to them, legal consequences.

This whole thing reminds me a bit about what happened to Vans Aircraft. One of the most popular kit builders of experimental aircraft in the world, selling thousands of RV kits world wide.

Vans Aircraft takes large deposits (minimum 35% ) for their kits with many many months of lead times. Many of the RV kit builders will buy sections of the airplane to build as they go. I will not go into detail as what caused financial troubles for Vans but I surmise from reading it had to do with expansion, and also laser cutting of parts from a vendor that seemed to have quality issues and cracking around dimpled holes.

Very recently Vans announced, on YouTube , that they were filling Chapter 11 bankruptcy which gives them protection while they reorganize. The founder of Vans sat down and gave a lengthy explanation as to their financial condition and steps moving forward. It is obvious he is reading from a teleprompter which leads me to believe the statement was very well thought out and passed scrutiny of their lawyers.

My main point is that Vans got ahead of the problem , was forthright about the financial condition of the company and how it will affect the folks that had sent money to Vans waiting on parts to start or finish their airplanes.

This update from Vans might be a good template for EA to follow and reassure its customers base ;)

vans-aircraft-business-update-january-20-2024
Not every law firm will make the same recommendation to their clients!

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I kinda have started loving this thread!

Almost makes me almost regret not watching soap operas when I was young!

Hope everyone who advanced full price for a promise of delivery recovers that money, and really hope that EA does come back, since they have satisfied a lot of customers over the years.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
My impressions so far:

1. Nobody posting here has real information as to what is transpiring in NC.

2. It is human nature to want to know who/what/when/where/why, and the longer we go without knowing, the goofier we get.

3. When the dust does finally settle, someone wants to be able to say "That's exactly what I said in Post# XXX"

😁

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
Maybe we need to contact Ted’s buddy “peanut “ and see what he has to say.. I hope Peanut is doing ok :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Maybe we need to contact Ted’s buddy “peanut “ and see what he has to say.. I hope Peanut is doing ok :unsure:
Peanut retired a couple of years ago I think.

Here's an interesting video (from 8 years ago) in which Ted talks about the history of EA. I've always enjoyed his videos and the extreme testing he does. It will be a real pity if this history comes to end, and in this way.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
so.curious... has anyone here received a reply to their email, talked to a real person on the phone or gone to the front door ?

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I kinda have started loving this thread!

Almost makes me almost regret not watching soap operas when I was young!

Hope everyone who advanced full price for a promise of delivery recovers that money, and really hope that EA does come back, since they have satisfied a lot of customers over the years.

"I kinda have started loving this thread"

We are only at 159 posts!
LOTS MORE to come, I am sure.
Everybody hang on for the ride!