Will not start

Beaux

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota 4310
Dec 11, 2019
Pine Grove, Louisiana
Kubota 4310, everything in neutral, all lights on dash come on, Battery fully charged, glow plug light come on for few seconds then goes off(like it should) turn key on to start and Nothing not even a noise? All help appreciated

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Most likely a safety switch. HST or manual? If HST, while holding the key to the ON position, slowly rock the pedal back and forth, Wiggle your weight around in the seat... or adjust the PTO knob a bit. If that doesn't work, start checking wires to the safety switches for chewed wires...

Also, check the ground wire from the battery, to see if it's clean, not corroded and tight.

Beaux

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota 4310
Dec 11, 2019
Pine Grove, Louisiana
Most likely a safety switch. HST or manual? If HST, while holding the key to the ON position, slowly rock the pedal back and forth, Wiggle your weight around in the seat... or adjust the PTO knob a bit. If that doesn't work, start checking wires to the safety switches for chewed wires...

Also, check the ground wire from the battery, to see if it's clean, not corroded and tight.
It’s manual shuttle shift, I will check negative connection.

6869704x4

Equipment
L45TLB, 49 8N, 57 641, RTV-X1120D, Z422
Jun 29, 2011
SE, NM
Got a voltmet? See if your’e getting power to the small wire on the starter solenoid When key is in start. If not start backtracking. If you do get power then maybe the solenoid. You can jump it straight to the batt wire on the starter.

Last edited:

Beaux

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota 4310
Dec 11, 2019
Pine Grove, Louisiana
Got a voltmet? See if your’e getting power to the small wire on the starter solenoid When key is in start. If not start backtracking. If you do get power then maybe the solenoid. You can jump it straight to the batt wire on the starter.
Ok will try, possibly not tomorrow we may get wintry conditions here in Louisiana.
Looking at parts manual I see Comp. Relay, I don’t use tractor much but I remember a few times I had to move shuttle shift a bit to get it to start or get started to engage

Reactions: 1 user

Wull

Equipment
Tractor
Mar 21, 2023
Scotland
As above check the switched 12v feed to the starter, also make sure the constant 12v feed is good and make sure the starter has a good ground.

Beaux

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota 4310
Dec 11, 2019
Pine Grove, Louisiana
Kubota 4310, everything in neutral, all lights on dash come on, Battery fully charged, glow plug light come on for few seconds then goes off(like it should) turn key on to start and Nothing not even a noise? All help appreciated
Discovered that Neutral Safety Switch was not working. Part # TA040-43900 Switch Lever.